~Snatched away at the supermarket?~

To be a Princess

Chapter 18

~Snatched away at the supermarket?~

Recap

"Haruhi~! Thank you for having us!" Tamaki thanked as he leapt off the ground to 'embrace' Haruhi. Haruhi turned around at the last second and didn't expect the sudden act therefore causing her to lose her balance and fall with her back to the ground. They fell with a thud and groaned slightly as they recovered from the fall. The scene looked extremely awkward, since Tamaki's knee was in between Haruhi's legs and he had her pinned to the ground with his hands either side of her head. His golden locks dangled down and brushed her cheeks lightly. Their lips were centimetres apart and their cheeks had a tint of pink to them. Then, the door opened and a cheery voice seemed to echo through the house.

"Haruhi! I'm home!"

Yuki's POV

I stood there frozen on the spot along with the other members of the host club with our mouths agape in shock. Surprisingly, I didn't feel any achy feeling in my heart that I did at the dance when Tamaki couldn't take his eyes off Haruhi. Instead, I just felt extremely awkward in having to witness the rather intimate scene. The figure at the door seemed to be processing the scene before them. A heavy silence ensued.

"HARUHI~!" The mystery figure chimed as he or she waltzed into the house. She had wavy reddish hair and was quite tall for a woman. She cheerily walked up to Tamaki and grabbed a section of his golden hair, pulled on it and flung him off Haruhi. She then proceeded to step on Tamaki causing him to yelp in pain. "I'm home!" She finished as she smiled brightly at her child.

"Ah, hi dad." Haruhi greeted as she sat up. Hang on... DAD? Did I hear right? Or is there something wrong with my ears?

"Oh, so you're an okama?" The twins asked curiously as they got out of their seats. And walked towards her- him.

"Ah! You must be..."

"Yes! We're Haruhi's friends! It's nice to meet you! This is the first time we've met an okama. Oh! And don't mind Tono, he's just a twisted pervert." The twins informed him as they trampled on Tamaki. I chuckled slightly at the comment but I tried my best to hold it in. After all, Tamaki did want to make a good impression on Haruhi's guardian. Probably to prove that he was 'worthy of being her 'father'' or something like that.

"EH?? You unscrupulous twins! Don't go around and besmirch my good name!" Tamaki shouted as he tried to wiggle out from underneath their feet. I sighed along with the other members of the host club who were just sitting there staring at the chaotic scene. At least we had some sane people in our club.

"Hehe! Too late!" They chuckled evilly.

"A twisted pervert eh?" Haruhi's father said with a falsely bright smile before sending a death glare Tamaki's way causing him to shuffle away. His expression then changed back from scary to bubbly. "Ahh.. I see! So! The rest of you must be Haruhi's friends!"

"Yes we are! In fact we are-" Tamaki started before being abruptly cut off.

"I wasn't referring to you 'pervert-san'." He muttered in a deadpanned tone, causing Tamaki to fall over in embarrassment, "Anyway, I'm Haruhi's father. You can call me Ranka." He introduced with a bright smile.

"Thanks for having us." We all chimed with the exception of Tamaki who was still frozen on the floor.

"Oh! It's no trouble! You really are as cute as I've heard Haninozuka-kun." He complemented as he gave Mitsukuni a smile.

"Eh? How do you know my name?" Mitsukuni asked with a tilt of his head.

"I know all your names! The strong and silent one is Morinozuka Takashi-kun, the cute one is Haninozuka Mitsukuni-kun. The Hitachiin twins are Hikaru-kun and Kaoru-kun who are the mischievous type. And then there's Sukinozuka Yuki-chan, who is the shy type." He listed smartly. Wow. He must have a good memory, either that or Haruhi talks about us a lot.