Road to... Host? - Part One

To be a Princess

Chapter 20

~Road to... Host?~

Yuki's POV

I was calmly walking home from Ouran Academy. The road was bustling with cars trying to get home as fast as they could and rest. People walked down the concrete pathway, window shopping or hanging around with their friends. The sky was blue, the clouds were fluffy and I was in a happy mood. I couldn't ask for anything else.

Suddenly, dramatic music began to blare from a massive screen on the front of a anime store. 'Sixteen years ago, the Kyuubi no Kitsune attacked Konoha and was sealed into me...' A familiar voice commentated as a montage of a orange monster fox attacking a village played on the screen.

I stared in awe at the snapshots of ninjas from another dimension fight, spray bugs, fight, paint a childish picture of their village and fight. The movie was about a ninja by the name of Naruto who gets trapped in a world where all his friends except for one pink haired girl have their personalities all messed up. Poor guy. At last, the rather lengthy trailer ended. "Naruto Movie: 'Road to Ninja'! Coming soon to a cinema near you!" The deep voice over promoted as the bright orange title flashed on the screen.

'Naruto Movie: Road to Ninja' huh? I bet Tamaki would be interested in something like that. I'm sure this movie will probably have action, humor and touching moments. Tamaki might see it just to fantasize about having ninjas coexisting in our world. The thought made me smile.  

Maybe the club can go on a trip to the cinema to watch the movie?

I stopped myself from thinking such thoughts. I don't have time for this. I need to train a lot more if I want to beat Mistukuni and Takashi. If I want to succeed, some things need to be sacrificed. After all, nothing in the world is free.

Hm... If my life was flipped upside down like that movie, what would it be like? I cannot see Tamaki acting serious all the time and Kyouya all... Not 'cool'. Even for a world where everything was the way it was before mother left the earth I wouldn't want it to change. I mightn't have met the Host Club, made all these wonderful people (mostly) if that horrible experience hadn't occurred. It just wouldn't be my world anymore. I suppose everything does happen for a reason.

Before I knew it, I was in front of the gates of my house. Well, maybe one thing I might change would be my father. I would want to make him happier. The way he was before mother left.

I was so deep in thought that I didn't realize that that I had already reached the door of my room. I slid the door open and walked in and fell onto my flat bounce-less mattress.

That movie does seem really interesting though. I really want to see it. Slowly but surely, my eyes began to close and I soon found myself drifting silently off to sleep.

|~|~|~| The Next Morning during Host Club hours|~|~|~|

Third person's POV

The entire Host Club sat around a rectangular table with Tamaki at one end and Kyouya at the other. They all were deep in thought, for they were currently brainstorming different themes to have for the remainder of the semester. Tamaki was thinking as hard as he could with a look of concentration that deterred anyone from ever thinking that he was an idiot.

"Geez... I can't think anymore!" The twins whined in unison, clutching their heads as if their brains would explode from over usage.

"Come now, we've only brainstormed a few ideas; anime cosplay, superheroes and animal tails and ears. We still need more themes."

"Boo...." The twins sighed in defeat. No one could ever defy the Shadow king of the Host Club.

"Yuki, you're rather quiet. Please contribute to the conversation." Kyouya asked forcefully with a glint of his oval shaped glasses.