Meeting the Host Club

To be a Princess

Chapter two

Meeting the Host Club

The sound of twittering birds could be heard through the entire Sukinozuka Estate. In the centre of the estate, the heir to the dojo, Yuki Sukinozuka woke up from her slumber. She sat up in her bed and stretched her arms and neck.

'Well, this is gonna be a long day.' She thought to herself as she opened her closet revealing the blue blazer and black pants of the Ouran boys' uniform. Yuki changed into the uniform quickly and swiftly before putting on her wig, making sure that not a single strand of her long brown hair stuck out.

She looked just like a boy, except for the fact that her green eyes were relatively large. Yuki checked her disguise in the mirror and turned to the side. She had a reasonably flat chest so there was no need to bandage it up.

After preparing herself for what was sure to be a long day at school, Yuki walked towards the large wooden gates of the estate. Her father had decided that she should be able to survive without the luxury that other children who attended Ouran had. As a result, Yuki walked to and from school each and every day.

She found it somewhat embarrassing as many of the students at Ouran Academy had a chauffeur but she did whatever she could to avoid conflict with her only remaining family. Her family would always be more important than anything else.

|~|~|~| Time Skip |~|~|~|

After a short while, she arrived at the entrance of Ouran Academy and stood in the courtyard, looking at all of the buildings surrounding her. 'Is it just me or are all these buildings...pink?' she thought with a raised eyebrow.

On the way to her classroom, she walked down the hallway filled with people talking outside before classes started. She noticed that people - more specifically girls - were starting to stare at her with sparkles in their eyes and an atmosphere that made her feel slightly nervous. The girls began to huddle around in little groups, blushing and whispering to each other while they tried to unnoticeably take small glances at her. 'This feels awkward... it's almost creepy...' she thought as she walked just that little bit faster to get out of the hallway.

Once she was safe inside the classroom she sighed 'Why did I have to come here as a guy? Why not a girl? I can still beat the Haninozuka in everything...'

Unfortunately, she had no idea what to do or where to sit and just stood awkwardly at the front as students began to file into the classroom. She found that there were many people beginning to whisper about her as she nervously stood at the front of the class with no idea of what to do. She disliked being stared at continuously. It made her feel like a deer in headlights. Eventually, the teacher came in and spotted her.

"Oh, you must be the new student!" The teacher said all too cheerfully.

"Yes, I am..." she mumbled shyly fiddling my fingers slightly. She had an extremely strong feeling that she was stared at by everyone in the room.

"Well don't be shy. Introduce yourself to the class!" the teacher urged as she turned to face her new classmates. 'Ugh. She's like a preschool teacher.'

"O-Okay... Hello everyone. My name is Yuki Sukinozuka and I'm pleased to meet you all." Yuki introduced with a slight smile and a shy little wave.  

"Sukinozuka? As in the second-best dojo in Japan?" a boy with red hair and amber eyes asked.

"Yeah..." she replied timidly as she fiddled around with the handle of her bag. She was slightly annoyed by the fact that he hadn't failed to mention that her family's dojo was second-best.