~Dancing in the Moonlight~

To be a Princess

Chapter 9

Dancing in the moonlight

Yuki's POV

I decided to stay back at school and help set up and stuff. I wore a white cloak to keep me warm before the actual dance. I wonder if anyone will realize that I'm not a guy when they see me like this...

~flashback~ before everyone left~

"Can I take this stuff off now? You've already taken... At least 30 pictures of me in these ridiculous poses!!!" I complained as Kyouya snapped yet another photograph.

"Actually I've only taken 27. And no. You should wear that dress to the dance." he ordered.

"Eh? Aren't I supposed to be a boy?" I asked.

"It doesn't matter. We cosplay all the time so no one will be suspicious." he dismissed as he jotted more things down on his mysterious clipboard.

"Then if I stay in this dress... What will you guys be coming as?" I asked.

"Princes of course. Not all of the club can wear a dress. Think about Mori-sempai." he reasoned.

"Oh... Well then what about Haruhi?"

"She's needed to dance with your guests." he informed.

"Buuut! Why can't Haruhi and I swap???" I whined like a little toddler.

"Because, I've already been approached by all your customers who were asking for you to cosplay as a princess. And I can't break a promise can I?"

But using someone is worse.

"Hmph! Fine then! Don't expect me to dance with anyone then!"

"Fine." he dismissed.

~End flashback~

I sighed. Well at least the decorations look good!

The entire ballroom had strips of ribbons from the ceiling and the occasional vase with white roses in them. It was like a fairy tale ball.

Too bad my life could never be one.

~~~Time skip~~~

The ball had begun and all of the guests had gathered in front of us and were waiting for the Host club to make their introductory speech.

"Thank-you all for coming tonight! As you can see we princes and little hime are here to entertain you tonight!" Tamaki announced in a loud booming voice that echoed throughout the ballroom.

"There is also a competition running as well. The lady who dances most beautifully will be named the princess of the night and will receive a kiss from the king himself." explained Kyouya.

"Just do your best, baby." Tamaki said seductively with a wink.

Then squeals erupted from the audience and the dancing commenced.

"Ne, Kaoru. Did you and Hikaru end up delivering the love note?" I asked.

"Yup! Phase 2 will start shortly!"

"Okay. Tell me when it starts. I wanna see Haruhi as a girl too."

He nodded. Then a silence ensued.

"Do you.. Maybe...wanna dance?" he mumbled softy so only I could hear him.

"Umm..." I said my cheeks getting redder by the second.

"Ne, Yuki-kun? Can you come and talk with us?" a girl asked as she approached us.

"Ano... Sure..." I agreed as I began to follow her.