Training with a Twist!

To be a Princess

Chapter 22  

~ Training with a twist! ~

Yuki's POV

I inhaled the clean air of Karuizawa as I simply lounged on the orange outdoor hammock. The sky was blue and it was slightly humid; no doubt the weather would change later on. You could hear the leaves rustling in the gentle refreshing wind. I sighed in relief. Now I know why people come to Karuizawa! It's wonderful here.

That's right. I'm in Karuizawa. This vacation, Father suggested that I go to our recently built summer house at Karuizawa to train for the NMAC (National Martial Arts Competition) since the air here is a lot nicer compared to the stuffy air in the city. The type of air you have really does do wonders.

The house was situated just outside the main residential area, next to an old building that was now a pension. It was quite modern compared to our estate and it was much much smaller. It's around the size of the building that Haruhi lives in. There are two bedrooms and two bathrooms on each floor. The kitchen was large and the lounge was small but cosy. There was also a mini dojo. It's completely minuscule compared to the one at the main building of our estate though. But overall, I liked the house. The back yard however is a whole other story. It is gigantic! It was fit with rows of dummies and wooden poles to train on. There's even a small forest of bamboo for sword fights and a shed filled with a large variety of weapons.

But, even though I have this wonderful house all to myself, I'm not just going to lounge around like I am now. I have to train like crazy. Father had given me a list of approximately... 157 training exercises to complete by the end of the week. I was just on break right now. I had already finished about a third of the list since I've been here for around two days.

But other than the wonderful atmosphere at Karuizawa, there's another thing I'm glad about. The wonderful silence and the absence of the-

"HARUHI! ARE YOU OKAY??? DADDY IS HERE FOR YOU!!!" a terrifyingly familiar voice echoed throughout the area. I jolted up from my reclined position. No! No! It can't be!

I looked up and groaned in defeat as I spotted a loud hovering helicopter with Tamaki sticking out of it with a megaphone in hand. The force of the wind increased causing the branches to sway dangerously fast and the linen sheets that I assumed Haruhi was drying to fly off with the wind. It was then that I realized something.

What if they spot me and drag me along with them? I won't be able to finish of that killer list and father will be... He'll be... Like an angry lion defending his pride, he'll be so furious he'll be covered in dark flames of hell! I shivered at the thought and quickly hopped off the hammock and crouched under a tree, hoping that the wooden fence and the tree branches would be enough to hide me from sight.

Fortunately, the sound of the helicopter began to fade and I stood up and went back into the house.

Once I was inside and safe, I ran to the couch and plonked myself on there. I sighed once again. What am I going to do? If they find me, there will be not time for me to train. But just being with them is like a training exercise; both physically as mentally. I suppose I'll just have to stay hidden for as long as I can. If any one of them spots me, I'm doomed.

I then sat up straight on the couch and bounced off it to stand up. Well, I better get training.

~ Ten minutes later ~

I laid on the soft grassy plain of the backyard staring into the clear blue sky with wisps of white cloud here and there. The blades of grass tickled my fingers as my chest rose and fell at a rapid pace. I had just finished a few exercises at top speed in ten minutes. I'm trying get these exercises over and done with so that I can not worry about hiding from the Host club.