Chapter 18

Author's Note: This chapter contains descriptions of injuries and mild depictions of violence. Reader discretion is advised.
——
"Dr. Tabius said your sister will be okay," Lilith said as she entered into the waiting room of the healer's office. "She's finishing up her exam but the fall she took coupled with Bosha's body weight on her ribs most likely aggravated the fractures and her concussion. They are checking now to make sure nothing new is broken and there is no internal bleeding but from what they could tell at first glance, her injuries didn't look too sever. Luz and Edalyn are still in there with her now."

"Thats such a relief," Edric sighed as he leaned back in the waiting room chair, having been on edge with concern for the well being of both his sisters since arriving at the healers.

"Indeed it is," Lilith smiled weakly as she took a seat next to Edric.

"Have you heard anything about Emira?" Edric asked, as he glanced over at the older blue haired witch.

"Yes. Her x-rays came back showing a small fracture on her wrist. Luckily its nothing that will require surgery. Shes in the back with Nurse Minor now being treated."

"Good, good," Edric remarked as a nervous smile crossed his face. "School fights, am I right?" he chuckled attempting to reiterate the lie he and Emira had agreed to tell before asking Eda to meet them at the healers, Lilith's presence being a surprise to the twins when they all met.

"A school fight, huh?" Lilith asked knowingly. "I was under the impression only Amity was involved in today's scuffle, you mean to tell me Emira was involved as well?"

"Yep," the green haired boy stated matter of factly, popping the "p" as he placed his arms behind his head.

"I see," Lilith spoke. "So this has nothing to do with what Odalia and Alador did to young Amity then?"

"Y... you know about that?" Edric asked as he sat forward in his chair, surprised at the blunt line of questioning coming from his parent's friend. Thinking on the situation more, the green haired boy couldn't help but wonder what exactly Lilith was doing there in the first place. Sure Lilith was the Owl Lady's sister but as far as Edric knew, her and the Owl Lady remained at odds with one another, what with Lilith working for the Emperor and Eda being the most wanted witch on the Isles. What could she be doing here then, Edric thought to himself, the blue haired woman's question fully registering in his mind, was she here to report back to their parents?

"Yes Edric, I do," Lilith explained, sensing the boy's nerves. "Amity, she told me about the abuse a few weeks back. Edalyn and I were actually hoping to talk to you and your sisters about it sometime this week but given the current turn of events, perhaps we should speak sooner rather than later."

"Our parents," Edric spoke as he processed Lilith's words. "You're their friend, aren't you? What makes you think we can trust you and why... why would you help us if it meant going against them?"

"Edric," Lilith spoke softly as she prepared to explain her change of heart.

"Sorry to interrupt," a voice chimed in as the door to the waiting room swung open.

"Oh Nurse Minor, Emira," Lilith spoke as her eyes met the voice's owner. "Its no problem at all. How is she Nurse?"

"Well as you can see, we got her patched up just fine," Nurse Minor smiled as they ushered to the cast encasing Emira's arm. "She maybe a little sore over the next few days so we are sending her home with some healing patches to help with the pain. Just apply one to her cast as needed."

"Thank you so much, Nurse. We'll be sure to do just that," Lilith smiled. "Are you feeling okay, Emira?"

"Yes, much better thanks to Nurse Minor here," Emira smiled as the Nurse returned her smile.