Chapter 26

Author's note: This chapter has descriptions of violence, abuse, blood. and injury. Reader discretion is advised.

P.S. Abuse is and always will be, nobody's fault but the abuser's.

——

"Thats about as best as I can do without proper healing equipment," Viney sighed as she finished splinting Amity's legs, wiping an arm across her forehead to clean the sweat from her brow. "You'll need to get her to the healers sooner rather than later, though. Among other things, she's lost a lot of blood" the brunette spoke as she moved to stand, stumbling in the process feeling faint.

"Viney!" Luz and Jerbo yelped simultaneously, the pair extending their arms in support to prevent their friend from falling.

"Sorry," Viney mumbled as she regained her footing. "I'm just a little drained."

"Understandable what with all of the magic you used up taking care of everyone today," Jerbo frowned. "Would do you good to see the healers yourself."

"Yeah, you're probably right," Viney grimaced, "But Emira, Amity, and Lilith take priority. We should get going soon."

"Lilith..." Luz muttered, "her and Eda have been gone for quite some time now. I hope everything is okay. I was hoping they would be back before we'd have to head out..."

"I know, Luz," the human heard spoke softly from behind her as a comforting hand landed on her shoulder

"Ed..." Luz spoke as she turned to face the voice's owner, her eyes locking with golden eyes dulled with sorrow and exhaustion having just learned from and sharing with his twin the misdeeds of their parents. Overcome with a sudden wave of emotion, Luz swiftly embraced the boy she had come to view as a brother as tears streamed down her face, stress and exhaustion from the day's events catching up to her.

"I know you're scared for them," Edric said as he returned the hug, "but Eda and Lilith are strong. We just have to trust that they are going to be okay."

"Yeah, I suppose," Luz sniffled as she pulled away.

"In the meantime, Viney is right. We need to get Amity and Em to the healer's now," Edric frowned as he ushered to Jerbo to retrieve Emira from where she sat in the next room over. "Viney, how many of us can Puddles carry?"

"I'd say four max," Viney huffed in exhaustion as she slowly made her way to the door to summon her companion.

"Well that takes care of Viney, Em, and Amity for sure," Edric spoke to himself out loud in thought. "And as much as I want to go, Jerbo is the only other person here who Puddles trusts enough to lead..."

"You and Luz can take dad's staff if transportation is what you're trying to work out," Edric heard his twin's tired voice chime as his boyfriend reentered the room with Emira on his back.

"Dad's staff?"

"After Viney knocked dad out, we took it. I'm assuming Puddles still has it beings as we brought it with us."

"She does!" Viney yelled from just outside the Owl House doors.

"Well, that settles it. Luz, you'll ride with me, if that works," Edric stated as Luz nodded. "Now then, lets get a move on it."

——

"Lily? Lily! Please, you... you have to wake up..." Eda cried in shock as she fell to her older sister's side, blood beginning to pool
around the injured witch's body. "Lily come on, please," Eda begged as she lightly nudged her sister's the shoulders, desperately trying to wake the blue haired witch without further exacerbating her injury. "This can't be happening..." the gray haired witch muttered to herself as she tore a strip of fabric from her dress, pressing it to Lilith's chest in a feeble attempt to stem the flow of blood.