Chapter 13

Note: This chapter has some discussion of abuse and mentions of injuries. Please read at your own discretion. Thank you!

P.S. Everyone's healing journey looks different and thats okay. This chapter is in no way intended to represent the be all end all to healing.

P.S.S. Y'all wanted a Willow chapter so buckle up lol.

——

"Are you sure you're going to be okay here by yourself, Amity?" Luz asked, a look of concern etched in her brow.

"Yes, Luz. For the hundredth time, I'll be fine," Amity chuckled, a soft eyes starting lovingly at the human as she took Luz's hand in her own. "Don't worry okay? It's just for a couple of hours."

"Yeah I know but still... I could reschedule my appointment at the healers and..."

"No, no. Thats not necessary. Besides, if you ever want that leg to get better, you need to stay on top of these check-ups," Amity smiled, giving Luz's hand a gentle squeeze as she studied the unconvinced look on the human's face. "Besides, the sooner you go, the sooner you can come back and we can do something fun like watch a movie on your human scroll; it is Friday after all."

"She drives a hard bargain kid," Eda chided as she entered the room. "Besides, if we don't leave now, we're going to be late."

"Well..." Luz sighed.

"Don't worry Luz! I'll be here too look after Amity, hoot hoot," Hooty beamed, "we can talk about our day and do our nails and..."

"No one wants to hear about your day, Hooty!" King interjected. "Can't you see she's in enough pain without all that?"

"Please just go and hurry back," Amity laughed, shaking her head at the thought of spending the next two hours alone with King and the bird tube.

"Well alright, but call me if you need anything okay?" Luz relented as she grabbed her crutches and stood from the couch, receiving a small nod and smile from the green haired witch.

"Alright, now that thats settled, we better get a move on it! That cast won't change itself," Eda remarked as she ushered Luz forward and the pair made her way towards the door. "We'll be back soon kid. Try not to let those two drive you bonkers while were gone."

"Now why would we do that? Hoot. HEY!" Hooty questioned before Eda slammed the door to the owl house upon departure.

"Well it looks like its just us and *yawn* given that I'm ready for a nap, it looks like its just you," King remarked, stretching as he prepared to make his way out of the living room. "Well, good luck with things," King waved leaving Amity alone in the front room as she laughed.

Leaning further into the pillows propped behind her on the couch, the green haired girl let her mind wander. It had been a few weeks since she had last seen her parents, the thought of which left her with feelings of relief and melancholy. Though logically, she understood that in staying at the owl house, she was in a way better position to heal and grow than she would have ever been at home, deep down her heart ached for the familiarity of the space she grew up in. She missed her room, her favorite meals, her siblings - and though she wouldn't trade the love and safety she had found in the owl house for anything, it weighed heavy on the young witch's mind and heart to struggle with the feeling of guilt and sadness that came with leaving the Blight Manor in spite of the years of abuse she endured there.

Sighing Amity closed her eyes as memories of happier times growing up flashed through her mind. No matter how horrible her parents were, her siblings were always there. Despite being adopted, they never made her feel less than or out of place, loving and supporting her as best they could when push came to shove. Though they didn't know about the abuse, they were always there, helping tend to her wounds whenever she'd have, in her parent's words, an "accident". Of course like most siblings, they teased and pranked her as well, Amity often describing them as a pain in her ass, but that, the green haired girl thought to herself, was honestly what she missed the most. She missed their banter, their jokes, their laughs and smirks. Sighing to herself once more, Amity squeezed her eyes tighter as she carefully wrapped her arms around herself in an attempt to create a sense of calm before the tears threatening to fall did just that. Letting her mind go blank, Amity laid still in the silence, no longer sure what to think, until sleep finally took control.