Chapter 1: Our Story

Chapter 1:

"You love me. Admit it."

"Obviously, stupid."

"Promise?"

"Promise."

"To the moon and back?"

"I love you way, way, way more than that."

Kei rolled over the bed to face his wife, Mizuki, who was sleeping adorably beside him. They had been married for about a year now, and he still couldn't comprehend how he had managed to make this beautiful girl fall in love with him.

He was so unbelievably lucky.

He gazed at her face, memorizing every detail as best as he could. This was because she would be competing in Tokyo for the Summer Olympics with the National Japanese Volleyball Team alongside her friends, Suzuki Rina and Kojima Sara. She would be in Tokyo for about two months, preoccupied with meetings and practice before the Olympics actually started. Then, two weeks of her life would be dedicated to competing in matches and attending interviews and more practice. Just thinking about it made Kei already miss her.

Kei sat up slowly, careful not to wake up his wife. He planted a gentle kiss on her forehead and stood up, stretching his arms and legs. He had to get ready for work soon at Sendai City Museum.

He sauntered into the bathroom and hopped into the hot shower.

Should he make Mizuki pancakes for breakfast? Or would she enjoy waffles more?

After about fifteen minutes, he turned off the shower. He quickly got dressed into his semi-formal uniform, consisting of a white, long-sleeve, buttoned-up shirt and black dress pants. He placed his glasses on his face while grabbing his ID and keycard.

"Baby...?" Mizuki mumbled tiredly, causing him to smile.

"Good morning, princess," He strolled over and sat on the bed, "How was your sleep?"

"Good..." She yawned, gently tugging him so that his body was on top of hers, "You smell really nice."

"Thanks," Kei smirked, brushing his lips tenderly against hers, "Pancakes or waffles?"

Mizuki pursed her lips together thoughtfully.

"Pancakes!" She exclaimed cheerfully, "With-"

"Strawberries, whip cream, and honey." He finished her sentence casually.

Mizuki smiled, "You get me."

Kei planted one more kiss on her nose before heading towards the kitchen. He placed the pan on the stove and smeared a tiny bit of butter on it. While he waited for the pan to heat up, he grabbed the ingredients necessary to make the pancake batter.

"Kei! Are you sure you don't want to take another shower?" Mizuki suggested teasingly from their room.

"Don't tempt me!" He replied, unable to hide his smile.

He scooped and poured some batter on the pan, watching it cook and sizzle. He opened the cabinet, took out two plates, and set them on the kitchen counter. After a few pancakes were cooked, he took out the sliced strawberries, whip cream, and honey from the refrigerator. He decorated the pancake stacks as best as he could then moved the plates so that they were on the wooden table. He was about to call his wife when she appeared from their bedroom with a wide grin on her face.

"I love you, you know that?" Mizuki beamed as she sauntered over to give her husband a quick peck on the cheek.

"I know." Kei smirked playfully.