Chapter 26: Think Twice

Chapter 26:

"Don't cry!" Atsumu panicked as Hana wailed in his arms, "It's okay!"

"What kind of horrible person makes a baby cry..." Osamu shook his head exaggeratedly.

"Why are you even in here? Don't you have a business to run?" Atsumu snarled.

Osamu shrugged as a response.

Kei and Mizuki were in the main Tokyo arena where many professional volleyball teams trained at. It was also where the Olympics were held. They were visiting their friends as well as Mizuki's teammates and coaches so that they could introduce Hana to them. Currently, the MSBY Black Jackals were in the gymnasium, taking a break from practice.

"I can't wait for Hana to meet my sons later!" Bokuto grinned, "I'm sure they'll get along well!"

"I think so too..." Mizuki smiled bashfully.

"Tsukishima, why won't she stop crying?" Atsumu gently patted Hana's back tiredly.

"Maybe because she doesn't like you, Miya-san." Kei answered nonchalantly, causing Mizuki to snicker.

"Give her to me!" Bokuto beamed, extending his arms out.

Atsumu gave Hana to Bokuto and almost instantly, she stopped crying. She stared up at him with wonder in her eyes and reached up to play with his hair.

"Hi, Hana-chan!" He squeezed her cheek tenderly, "You're adorable, aren't you?"

"Obviously she can sense that Bokuto's a dad or something." Atsumu pouted.

"Or maybe she just doesn't like you." His twin brother commented.

"Why don't you carry her then?!" Atsumu huffed.

"Fine." Osamu nodded in agreement.

"I have a better idea!" Bokuto beamed, "You two stand a little over there and try to get her attention. Whoever she goes to first is the one she likes better."

"They look exactly the same though, Bokuto-san..." Kei murmured.

"Ugh, please don't say that..." Osamu shook his head in disgust.

"Go stand over there!" Bokuto urged. Mizuki was intrigued to see who her daughter would pick.

Atsumu and Osamu walked a few inches away from them as Bokuto placed Hana on the gymnasium floor. She was now an expert in crawling.

"Come here, Hana!" Atsumu exclaimed cheerfully, "Come to the better twin!"

"Hana-chan..." Osamu took out his phone and dangled it in front of her, "Look what I have!"

"That's cheating!" His brother complained.

"No, it's not!"

Hana blinked a few times and observed her surroundings. Kei and Mizuki held their breaths to see who she would pick.

"Watch... She'll pick me, Samu." Atsumu declared confidently.

"No way. She'll pick me, Tsumu." Osamu smirked.

In a total twist of events, as soon as Hana turned her head and noticed Kei, she began crawling to him instead. She didn't care for either of the Miya twins. As a response, Kei's heart filled with warmth as he smiled at her. She raised her arms up, signaling that she wanted to be carried by him.

His daughter chose him.

"Aw..." Osamu chuckled.

Kei bent down to pick up his daughter and she squealed with glee. He planted a gentle kiss on her cheek as she snuggled up to him.