Chapter 9

Panda POV

I don't know how we got to this point but I really like Corpse, I didn't mean for it to happen but I do and it's weird. I feel like protecting him. I want to be the reason he smiles, he laughs, and the second reason he feels like life is worth it. I can't really tell him...I just want him to be as comfortable and relaxed as possible. So that leads to why I am procrastinating calling Sykkuno. He's gonna bombard me with questions because he worries and I appreciate it but I know I overwhelmed him last time I was like this. I should at least give him an option I suppose but I don't know. So I call Sykkuno hoping he doesn't answer but I don't have so much luck.

"Hello? Panda, is that you?"

"Hi Sykkuno"

"Where have you been? I've been worried about you. Why did you disappear on me?"

"To protect you, I'm going through my down times so I left"

"I would have been there for you"

"It took a lot out of you last time, I almost lost you as a friend"

"Panda"

"I need you as a friend so I left, I was thinking of you"

"I'm sorry you felt you needed to leave"

"No no no, it's fine. I only want the best for you and everyone. I'll be okay"

"Please don't disappear like that again, I actually do care about you"

"Yeah...I have to go now. Bye"

I hang up as I walk through my hiding place, it's a forest filled with eery-looking trees and it's always foggy looking. I sit in front of the biggest tree with my knees to my chest crying into them. Why am I like this? Why am I not good enough for people and why do I have these problems? Why am I so clingy and drive people away from me? Why can't I be happy for once?

"Panda?"

Corpse POV

I decided to get some fresh air but there are quite a few people out so I walk quickly to a forest not too far from my house where no one ever goes to. I take my hood off and enjoy the fresh air when I hear faint sounds that sound like...crying? I try to stay out of sight but follow the sounds to see someone in front of a tree crying into their chest. I want to go the other way because I am the last one to be able to go talk to a stranger and try to comfort them without feeling anxious myself but for some reason, I can't leave. I watch for a little longer before I notice a bracelet on the woman's hand, it looks familiar for some reason. I walk a little closer before noticing it's Panda's bracelet, I relax a little and walk over before calling out to her.

"Panda?"

"*looks up sniffling* Corpse? What are you doing out here"

"*crouches down* What's wrong?"

"Nothing *uses sleeves to wipe tears away and smiles* I have really bad allergies"

"Panda *hugs her*"

"C-corpse?"

"Let me help you feel better, let me help you feel good *lets go*"

"Oh *zips down jacket and slowly starts lifting up shirt*"

"*stops her* what are you doing?"

"Is this not what you were suggesting? Lots of guys say that when they just want to sleep with the girl"

"No, I wanted you to come home with me...bad wording *takes a deep breath* I just wanted to comfort you and be there for you as a friend. I think my home is a bit more comfortable than the woods, I can make food and we can talk through this"

"*eyes widen and looks down holding herself* oh gosh I'm so sorry, I shouldn't have assumed. I probably made you really uncomfortable. I don't think you would use me like that I'm just not thinking straight I'm sorry"

"No, it's fine. I'm sorry guys are jerks and a lot probably do suggest that to fix things. Will you come home with me?"

"*nods and stands up helping her up with me*"

So she wraps her arms around me looking at the ground and I walk her to my house. I tell her to go sit on the couch and get comfortable as I make us food. I bring it back for us and sit by her as she takes off her jacket and puts her hair in a bun.

"Now do you want to talk about it or do you want to eat or-"

She hugs me tight crying into my chest and I just hug her letting her get it all out. I rub her back and kiss the top of her head just being there for her. After about 10 minutes she pulls back and apologizes. She tells me how she ended up in the forest and why she was crying.

"Eat first and then we'll talk but you have nothing to be sorry about"

We finish eating and she seems to have relaxed a little.

"Thank you Corpse"

"Answer this question for me *looks over at her*do you like me?"

A/N: Well someone is a bit direct. I apologize ahead of time but Sykkuno is going to look like a douche bag in this story. I completely understand he is nothing like the way I portrayed him so I tried not to make it too drastic but I needed at least a little tension for the storyline. Anywho, how will Panda respond? Thanks for reading my story! Please vote, comment, or add this story to your library. My future stories will be better writing-wise but if you saw my stories before I revised most of them you would be proud of how far I have come. Love you all XOXO