Chapter 8

TW: Talks of depression, self-harm, and suicidal thoughts

Panda POV

So for the past few months, I have been feeling horrible. My anxiety has been through the roof and my depression has almost brought me to rock bottom. It's only going to get worse from here which sucks because I was doing so good. I have pretty much removed myself from Sykkuno, not because he did anything but to protect him and free him of all the burden I have caused him. I haven't let go of Corpse because I don't see him much. His health has gotten worse so he doesn't leave the house or game much as of now. He did ask me to come to his house and spend time with him which is pretty big news because he doesn't just let people know where he lives. He doesn't sleep much so he said to come whenever and where his spare key is. So I cook breakfast, pack it up, and head to his place which isn't too far from me. I come in and whisper his name just in case he is sleeping to see his body on the couch and him in agonizing pain as he groans. I put everything down in the kitchen and sit on the floor by him holding his hands and kissing them until he can tell me what he needs.

"I'm here for you, I'm here"

"S-s-sorry, this isn't how I wanted...you to see me"

"Never apologize for having pain, have you taken your medication?"

"No"

"So I'm a go find it so you can take it okay"

He tells me where his meds are and I bring them to him, with something to drink.

"The medication should kick in soon I hope *Slightly lifts him up to adjust his pillows under him*"

"You're acting like my girlfriend"

"You have a girlfriend? She should be over here helping you"

"*chuckles* you know what I meant"

"Do I? When the pain has settled a little then I'll help you sit up"

"I'm hungry, can we eat when the medicine kicks in"

"Of course, I brought us breakfast and juice"

"Wow, you really are like my girlfriend"

"Baby, I'm not the right one you should wait on *goes to get the food and set up the table in front of the couch*"

"Did you use my own lyrics against me *laughs and sits up a little*"

"Did I?"

"*shakes his head* sit by me"

Corpse POV

Wow, she's very caring and helpful. I might get used to having her around but what is this weird feeling? Do I actually like her? I was sure she would leave or at least look uncomfortable but if anything she seems more comfortable. Maybe she likes taking care of people but I feel like she sees me as fragile and is trying to be very cautious of hurting me. The thing is I can't get closer to her if she feels she can hurt me. Do you see how any mention of a girlfriend she avoids? I don't think that is because she doesn't like me but maybe she doesn't want to hurt me or feel too clingy.

"Look at me Panda"

"*looks up* what's on your mind sir"

"I appreciate your caution around me but I'm not as fragile as you think I am"

"I don-"

"If I didn't have a condition would your feelings about my voice change"

"Well..."

"You mean well but I need you to see me past my illnesses and conditions...but first we should eat"

"I do, I just try to make your life as easy as possible because of how much you have to go through"

So we eat and then I remember I am supposed to be getting her back to talking to Sykkuno.

"What happened between you and Sykkuno?"

"Nothing, we're fine"

"Well he seems to think you don't like him anymore and that you're not friends"

"I just gave him some space that's all"

"You're running for some reason, you told me you would do the same with me if you got too attached but for Sykkuno it would have to be something different"

"I'll be fine, I have to make it through this on my own"

"Make it through what"

"Nothing for you to worry about Corpse"

"Tell me...please"

"I just have random times where emotions hit me all at once and have me down for a while. It moves in waves like now I am fine because I have distractions but when it's bad I need to go through it alone so no one leaves or gets hurt"

"Let's help each other through our rough times"

"I can't ask you or anyone else that, it's too much"

"*turns her face towards me* I wasn't asking *takes the hood off so she can see my hair*...I am intrigued by you"

"*eyes widen* Corpse"

"That means you're stuck with me...can you close your eyes for me?"

"Okay *closes eyes*"

"I take off my mask which covers from the bridge of my nose down and I just admire her facial features. She doesn't even know how beautiful she is, I cup her face in my hands and go to lean in but she stops me. I go to move my hands but she holds them in place on her face and then speaks.

"I uh...I haven't had my first kiss yet"

"*chuckles* you stopped me because you're scared?"

"y-yeah, I don't mind you being my first but I just didn't want to ruin your expectations"

"You're so adorable"

I peck her lips a few times before kissing her, she tenses up at first but soon relaxes and mimics my movements. She wraps her arms around my neck and I bite her bottom lip causing her to gasp so I can deepen the kiss. We make out until we have to break for air, I can get used to this. She blushes really hard and covers her face probably shocked at how intense it became so quickly.

"I can get used to this, I'll have fun teaching and learning things about you"

A/N: Awe so something is becoming of them...what exactly, don't know. Was Corpse convincing enough for Panda to start back talking to Sykkuno? Will Panda let her wall down and let Corpse help? Will she be honest and free with how she feels? Guess you have to wait. Thanks to everyone reading this story, please comment, vote, and add this story to your library. Until next time, XOXO