Chapter 7

TW: Talks of depression

~6 months later~ Corpse POV

So it's been a few months since I met Panda and quite a bit has changed. For starters, I didn't realize how big a following she had until I start seeing panda emojis all over my videos in the comments. She started playing my music in the back of her gaming videos along with other artists I like which got me new followers who genuinely seem interested in me. She knows more about some of my conditions and she tries to take care of me from a distance. I haven't invited her over because I think it will be too much for her to see me on my bad days but I feel like she has earned my trust a little bit. She's still pretty secretive with me but I don't think it's because she doesn't trust me. I think she doesn't want to be a burden to me because of how much stuff has been going on with me. Sykkuno also says she has been acting funny around him and he thinks it's because of me but I didn't do anything. So I told him to just face time me, most of my face is covered anyway but many people don't know where I live and that's just me not wanting to share my location.

"Hey corpse"

"Wassup baby"

"Umm well uh, I'm okay how have you been?"

"Better than most days"

"Well uh, Panda has been really different since you met her"

"How so?"

"We barely see each other anymore, she doesn't talk to me as much. It's to the point I don't even feel like we're friends anymore. Maybe I took her affection and gifts for granted but I didn't think I changed at all"

"Have you mentioned this difference to her?"

"She's always busy, I remember a few months ago we played video games together and she told me that she was letting me go. That I no longer had to be burdened by her. She thanked me for "dealing with her" as she said but that I was free to go. She kissed me on the forehead and left. I was so confused and shocked that I didn't respond. I didn't chase after her because I didn't even know if I had a right to. I feel like I lost my best friend"

"I can try to talk to her but I didn't tell her anything to leave you. If anything I tried to encourage that you really appreciated her"

"Really?"

"Yeah, it was around the time I first met her. She was telling me how you rejected her feelings but she convinced you to let her "use you" as she put it until you found someone. She felt really bad over that and said she wanted to let you go because she knew she was a burden and holding you back. I told her that wasn't true and that you really cared about her, I told her that you respected the friendship. There are times where she speaks about things that are sad when you think of it, she thinks very little of herself"

"She doesn't have any friends, never got along well with people. She always stayed to herself so she was looked at as weird growing up. She was bullied a lot, has really bad depression and anxiety, doesn't know how to express herself well so she doesn't. She just kind of shuts down unless she finds someone to confide in but then she becomes almost dependent on that person, I guess you can call it clingy in a way. That tends to drive people away so she just buries it all down. I don't think she is okay but it is always difficult to break her down so she will release her emotions and when she does break down it can be overwhelming to the point you feel her pain. It can be physically, mentally, and emotionally exhausting and she is very aware of this so she won't do it"

"That sounds like a lot to deal with on your own, I at least got a few friends I trust but if all she has is you I can see how she could feel bad and want to let you go"

"I just want her to know she's not a burden, I see her as my friend and I will be there for her as much as I always have. I saw her no differently after she confessed, I didn't pity her. I wanted more for her, better for her so she wouldn't settle for one-sided love. That's part of the reason I wanted her to start gaming with others, one to lessen anxiety but two in hopes that someone clicks with her and she will no longer feel bad for using me. I felt she would either like you or cartoonz and I feel I am right"

"If she does she is fighting it but she gave me a warning about that from the beginning"

"She did?"

"Yeah, she said she would leave and disappear if she felt she was becoming too attached...she really doesn't want to be a burden to anyone. She's been her normal caring self around me, maybe a little more quiet than usual but I thought that was just how she really is. Quiet and shy, I'll get her to talk to you even if I have to carry her to you"

"*laughs* thanks pal"

"We have to get her in good spirits so we can break the news to her"

"What news?"

"That you're mine, you talked to me first on among us that one time. It was a whole thing. I made sure to clear up the confusion that I simp for toast by letting them know I just liked his flower one time. I only simp for you"

"*laughs* I feel very special Corpse, thanks"

"Any time"

A/N: Aweee, their friendship is so wholesome. What's going on with Panda? Will Corpse be able to get Panda to talk to Sykkuno? Will Corpse invite Panda over and if so, how will she react? Guess you have to wait until the next episode. Thanks for all the reads, please continue to read, comment, vote, and add this story to your library. XOXO