Chapter 6

"What is going to happen to me now? Am I gonna get expelled?" Y/N asked her teacher. They have been waiting for the principal to come for 30 minutes now. 

"I don't know, maybe." 

"Fuck." Y/N sighed. Nayeon can tell that Y/N is worried about getting expelled. Right at that moment Jihyo entered the room.

"Y/N you're getting suspended for 3 days." The principal informed.

"Great. Just what I wanted." Y/N said sarcastically. But she's actually relieved that she didn't get expelled.

"I already called your guardian and let her know about it." Y/N just nodded. Guardian? Where are her parents?

"You can leave now." Ms. Park said.

"How come I didn't get expelled?" Y/N asked. 

"You should thank Ms. Im here. She told me that she saw the entire scene and that you wanted to stop Jennie from bullying. I let it slide this time since it's your last year. But I won't let it slide next time, so you should behave Y/N." Jihyo explained and Y/N just nodded. If it wasn't for Ms. Im she probably would've been expelled now. Maybe she should stop being such an asshole to her English teacher. 

"Jihyo, where are Y/N's parents?" Nayeon asked after Y/N left the room.

"She doesn't have parents. She has a guardian who's taking care of her but honestly I don't think she's that much around. Every time we asked her to come to the school she never did." Nayeon can slowly understand where that attitude is coming from. She feels bad for the kid, she wants to help her. She's starting to care for Y/N and she doesn't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing.

"Can I look into Y/N's file, Jihyo?" 

"Why do you want to look into her file?" This is the first time Nayeon asked her to look into a student's file.

"I just want to know more about her so that we can help her." 

"Okay, follow me." Nayeon followed Jihyo into her office and Jihyo handed her Y/N's file. 

----------------------

Y/N can't go to school since she's suspended for 3 days so she decided to work instead. She has a part-time job at a coffee shop. It's a bit far away from her school since she didn't want anyone from school to recognise her. 

Y/N is a good employee at the coffee shop that she's working at. Well, she doesn't really have a choice. She needs the money and in order to get that she needs to work well. 

"Can I have a latte macchiato please?" The customer asked and Y/N turned around to see someone familiar.

"Ms. Im?" 

"Y/N?" Nayeon was shocked to see Y/N in front of her. Nayeon doesn't have any classes today so she decided to go for some shopping at the mall. She wanted a break from shopping so she stopped by a coffee shop.

"What are you doing here?" Y/N asked. She didn't expect to see her teacher here. 

"I was around shopping and decided to stop for come coffee." 

"Oh yeah, what did you ask for again?" Y/N hates that her teacher knows about her job now. She just hopes that Nayeon doesn't tell anyone.

"A latte macchiato please." Nayeon smiled weakly.

"Coming." Y/N made the drink and handed it to her teacher.

"Y/N you can have your break now." Nayeon assumed that it was Y/N's boss talking. 

"How much do I owe you?" Nayeon asked looking for her wallet.

"It's on the house, don't worry about it." Nayeon raised her eyebrows, she expected Y/N to tell her to go away or something like that. But on the contrary she just gave her a free drink.

"It's your break now, right?" The student just nodded.

"Can you join me?" Nayeon was scared to ask, but she did it anyways. Y/N looked around and was hesitant about what to answer.

"Euhm, okay. I'll join you in 5."

Nayeon sat at a table and took a sip of her drink. "Ah it's so good." Nayeon said to herself. After 5 minutes Y/N sat in front of her. It was awkward because Y/N didn't say anything and Nayeon just kept staring at her student thinking about how to start the conversation.

"Aren't you suspended, why are you working?" Nayeon started the conversation.

"What else am I supposed to do during suspension?" 

"I don't know, work for school? I've never had a student of mine get suspended." Y/N kept quiet and the mood got awkward again.

"Thank you." Y/N mumbled. It took her a lot of courage to say this. She has never thanked anyone before.

"What did you say?" Nayeon heard Y/N mumbling something but she couldn't catch the words.

"I said thank you for saving me from getting expelled." 

"It's okay Y/N-ie." Nayeon smiled with her bunny teeth. Y/N never noticed until now how pretty her teacher actually is. She was always so busy with being an asshole that she never had time to properly look at her teacher.

"Just promise me you won't get into trouble. I want you to graduate without any complications." Nayeon took another sip of her drink.

"Why are you being nice to me? I've been nothing but a jerk to you. I keep disturbing your lessons, I'm rude towards you and I keep pushing you away. Yet here you are saving me from getting expelled and helping me graduate." Y/N is curious. No teacher has kept it up with her for so long, but Nayeon is still trying.

"I honestly don't know. I really hate your attitude, and that smirk of yours ah I can't stand it." The teacher shook her head and Y/N smirked upon hearing that.

"Yah! don't smirk I just told you that I hate it!" Nayeon said hitting Y/N's shoulder, which is a habit of Nayeon's to hit people whenever something is funny or when she's getting teased. The two actually laughed without noticing.

"You challenge me and I like it. You make it seem impossible to keep up with you but I believe I can. I know you drove every teacher that tried to help you crazy, but you can't drive me crazy Y/N. I will try to help you even if you keep pushing me away." 

"That's nice of you seongsaengnim, but I don't need any help. I don't know why teachers are always trying to help me. I honestly can't stand it so please just give up before I hurt your feelings, okay? I need to go back to work now." Y/N stood up and went back to work.

----------------------