RWBY 19

Mission 19:
Infiltrate the evil and take back what was stolen.

______________________________________________________

Vergil: I'll be back before the next match.

As he stands across from RWBY in the courtyard, Vergil holds Yamato angled upwards, the sheathed blade aimed at the sky.

Vergil: It's something I have to take care of, but it may take a long while.

Blake: Okay...but do you have to leave so early?

Vergil: The sooner, the better. I've actually been preparing for this for a few days now. If I strike now, I can find what I'm looking for. I wish I didn't have to leave so frequently, but...these things are out of my control.

Weiss: Alright...just come back soon.

He kisses each of their heads, and gives them a reassuring smile.

Vergil: When I come back, expect a pleasant surprise.

They look at him in slight confusion, before nodding.

Ruby: Uh, okay.

Yang: Just...be safe, please.

He gives them a nod, and walks into the bullhead as it lifts off. Flying away from Beacon, Vergil looks at RWBY as they get smaller and smaller, and he looks straight forward while taking a deep breath.

Vergil: (It's time.)

______________________________________________________

Two whole days has passed since Vergil left Vale. Awakening from his sleep, Vergil stands up from his seat. Looking out the window, he notices they are now flying over a giant forest. He walks over to the pilot with Yamato in hand.

Vergil: This is my stop. You can head back now.

Bullhead Pilot: Are you sure, young man? This is in the middle of no where. There's not a city around here for miles.

Vergil: It's fine.

Before the pilot could respond, Vergil leaps off the bullhead, diving towards the trees. Right when he's about to crash into one, he literally carves a path through them with Yamato. Rolling up onto his feet, he dusts off his shoulders and wipes away the snow off his clothes.

Vergil: It's better you get away from here as fast as possible. After all, this isn't a place for simple humans.

He begins to make his way through the forest, as the sky is covered by large grey clouds. As he does, he takes note of the eerie silence, and lack of movement around him.

Vergil: (How strange...well, makes my job easier.)

After a few hours of walking, Vergil finds a slightly broken down structure, looking similar to a gate. Above it is a sign, reading "To enter the dark, you must not fear what could be in the shadows".

He chuckles to himself before sighing in disappointment.

Vergil: Ha, this is utterly ridiculous.

He slashes the air between the gate, creating a portal. Walking right through, Vergil finds himself in a very, very different terrain.

 Walking right through, Vergil finds himself in a very, very different terrain