RWBY 39: Embrace

Mission 39: Embrace

Take hold of your family sake.

>Start

Customize

__________________________

Starting...

__________________________

Nora: How could you do such a thing?! Laying your hand on royalty!? This is heresy, I say! Heresy against the queen!

The ginger girl whines, groaning while laying face down on one of the living room couches.

Vergil: Heresy? I was simply testing you. Don't blame me for not being able to keep up.

Ren was across from Nora on another couch, making incomprehensible noises while being unable to move. While they were no longer injured from Vergil "testing" them, thanks to the young man tossing them some green orbs to help heal them, the four teens were in shock from how easily he dominated them. Ruby looks at the white-haired swordsman, while her mom cuddles with her.

Ruby: Um, Vergil? I've been wondering...how did you take us all out without our Aura taking even a little damage?

Vergil: Hm? Oh, it's simple. As I am now, I can attack an opponent's body directly without their Aura getting in the way. Such a pathetic shell will no longer stop me from inflicting pain on an enemy.

Jaune: Oh...oh that's just great. Wonderful.

Coming down the stairs from the second floor, Raven looks over at the bunch of kids, then towards Vergil with a cocked eyebrow, her eyes hinted possibly with interest.

Raven: What did I miss?

Vergil: Just a test.

Nora: The man...says "just a test"! Such blasphemy!

Vergil: Blasphemy, you say? In that case, you mean you'd like another attempt?

Nora: Nope, absolutely not.

Vergil: Then don't say idiotic things.

Sitting down on a separate sofa, across from Summer, Vergil looks at each member of RNJR in the eye.

Vergil: I'm going to be honest with you four, and I'm going to say this through the perspective of a warrior: I was underwhelmed. I don't know how you've had such organization...actually, that's the wrong word; How you possessed such unity, yet absolutely zero progress was gained during that mock battle.

The team looks at each other, then they try to come up with a retort, but ultimately can not. Ren, after looking up from the floor, sighs and acknowledges him.

Ren: ...You've got a point.

Vergil: Yes, I do. You four have a lot more to improve on than you may realize.

Rolling her eyes, Raven walks over and sits next to Vergil, and rests her head on his shoulder, a bored look on her face.

Raven: These are the kids you want me to train?

Vergil: That's correct. Besides Ruby, none of them know who you are, so introduce yourself.

Raven: Fine...

Without moving her head, the ravenette nonchalantly waves at the rest of RNJR.

Raven: I'm Raven Branwen, the chief of a bandit tribe, elder sister to Qrow and the mother of Yang.

Across from the spring maiden, Ruby waves excitedly.

Ruby: Hi, Aunt Raven!

Raven: Hello again, Ruby.