RWBY 7

Walking with RWBY, Vergil glances at his surroundings as they walk through the city. Weiss, leading the group, is oddly happy as she strolls gleefully. She stops and raises her arms in amazement.

Weiss: Ah, the Vytal Festival. Oh, this is absolutely wonderful!

Vergil: You seem...rather jolly.

Ruby: I don't think I've ever seen you smile this much, Weiss. It's honestly...creeping me out.

Turning to Ruby and Vergil, Weiss scoffs.

Weiss: How could you not smile?! A festival dedicated to the cultures of the world! There will be dances, parades! A tournament! Oh, the amount of planning and organization that is goes into this event is simply breathtaking!

Yang, while crossing her arms, sighs.

Yang: You sure do know how to take a good thing and make it sound boring.

Weiss: Quiet, you!

The sounds of foghorns echo in the air, and RWBY and Vergil stop.

Yang: Remind me why we're spending our Friday afternoon at the stupid docks?

Ruby pinches her nose while gagging.

Ruby: Ugh, it smells like fish.

Vergil: Yes, that's what happens when you are right next to the ocean.

Weiss: Well, I've heard that students from Vacuo will be arriving by ship later on today. And as a representative of Beacon, I feel that it is my solemn duty to welcome them to this fine kingdom.

She starts walking forward, and Blake shakes her head.

Blake: She just wants to spy on them so she'll have the advantage in the tournament.

Weiss: Y-you can't prove that!

While the two of them bicker, Ruby turns her head and gasps.

Ruby: Whoa, what happened there?

She points down the street, and they all look to see a store with a shattered window, with yellow tape covering the entrance. A couple of detectives from the Vale Police Force are talking at the front. Vergil and RWBY walk over to the two.

Ruby: What happened here?

Detective 1: Robbery. Second dust shop hit this week. Ugh, this place is turning into a jungle.

He walks over to his partner, leaving the group.

Yang: That's terrible.

The detectives start talking again, catching their attention.

Detective 2: They left all the money again.

Detective 1: Yeah, this doesn't make a lick of sense. Who needs that much dust?

Detective 2: I don't know, an army?

Detective 1: ...You thinking the White Fang?

Detective 2: Yeah, I'm thinking we don't get paid enough.

They walk away, leaving Vergil and RWBY by themselves.

Weiss: Hmph, the White Fang.

She crosses her arms and huffs.

Weiss: What an awful bunch of degenerates!

Blake, suddenly irritated, glares at her.

Blake: What's your problem?

Weiss: My problem? I simply don't care for the criminally insane.

Blake: The White Fang are hardly a bunch of psychopaths. They're a collection of misguided faunus.