RWBY 10

During Professor Port's class, Vergil glances up at the clock. It slowly ticked closer to the end of class, though he was getting tired of having to hear yet another story of the old teacher's past. As he rambled, he glanced over at Weiss, who was sitting next to him. She was watching a holographic clock on her desk, and Jaune comes sliding towards her. He speaks just loud enough for Weiss to hear him, while not getting Port's attention.

Jaune: So, Weiss, y'know, uh, I-I was thinking after this, we could go find a place to eat?

He peeks over at the professor, who is still rambling while having his back towards the students.

Jaune: And, uh um, I've also got two tickets to that new Spruce Willis movie, if you wanna make the trip to Vale. I hear it's awesome.

He pauses for a second to wait for a response. After a moment of not receiving any, he continues.

Jaune: Aaaand maybe after that, we could study together? Since, you're smart, and I'm...y'know.

Before he could keep talking, Weiss's clock suddenly starts beeping, signalling the end of class. All the other students start leaving their seats, while Port is just realizing that class is over.

Port: ...And so I--oh. I guess I timed that poorly, didn't I? Oh well, we'll continue this thrilling story next time!

Weiss begins to get up from her desk, while Jaune is still trying to get her attention.

Jaune: Weiss? Did you hear me?

But she completely ignores him, as she walks up to Vergil.

Weiss: Are you ready for today, Vergil?

Vergil: Oh, I've been waiting for this.

Sharing a smile with her, he also stands up, and the two walk out. Meanwhile, Jaune groans and faceplants onto a nearby desk. The rest of RWBY walk over, as Yang pats him on the back while not looking at him.

Yang: A swing and a big miss, bud.

______________________________________________________

The four girls and Vergil all gather in RWBY's dorm room, as the four don different attires.

Blake tightens her wraps around her wrist as she sighs while walking towards her bunk.

Blake: I thought that class would never end.

Ruby: Alright guys, today's the day! The investigation begins!

She jumps down from her bed while raising her arms excitedly. While doing so, she almost lands right on Weiss, who is just below her.

Weiss: Gee, I'm glad we're taking this so seriously.

Yang: Hey, we've got a plan! That's... moderately serious.

Ruby: Alright, does everyone remember their roles?

The group gathers into a circle while going over their objectives.

Weiss: You and I will head to the CCT and check the Schnee records for any other dust robberies or inconsistences. Seeing as I'm in the family, it shouldn't be a problem.

Blake: The White Fang had regular faction meetings to hand out orders and recruit new members. If I can get in, u can hopefully find out what they're planning.

Yang: I've got an old friend on the shady side of town that typically knows everything going on in Vale. Getting information out of him shouldn't be too hard...

Vergil: I have an old acquaintance over at the Vale Police Force. He's bound to have learned of anything serious happening.

Ruby: Great! We'll meet up tonight near Yang to go over what we found.