RWBY 9

Ruby: Yang Xiao Long, you better prepare your forces for battle! For I, Ruby Rose, shall conquer your kingdom!

Yang: Bring it on!

The two girls battle in a match of Remnant: The Game in the library. Vergil watches in interest, while Blake and Weiss await their turns. Blake is notably distracted, and Weiss is looking from her hand to the board in confusion.

Ruby: Now, I deploy...the Atlesian Fleet!

She slaps down a card onto the table, which displays a picture of a group of airships.

Ruby: Looks like I can fly right over your Ursai and attack your walls directly!

While making a bird with her hands, Ruby makes airplane noises. Yang gasps and dramatically points at her sister.

Yang: You fiend!

Ruby: And since Atlas is part of Mantle, my repair time is only costs one turn!

She ducks at another end of the table, then looks at her sister in surprise when Yang giggles evilly.

Yang: Pretty clever, little sis. But unfortunately for you, you have activated my trap card!

She displays a card to Ruby, revealing a picture of a giant nevermore Grimm. She then slams it onto the table.

Yang: Boom! Giant Nevermore! If I roll a seven or higher, Fatal Feathers will slice your fleet in two!

Ruby: But, if you roll a six or lower, your nevermore will turn on your own forces.

Yang: Well, that's a bet I'm willing to take.

While the two stare each other down, Vergil glances over at the table across from them, where JNPR is. Ren and Pyrrha are going over some notes, Nora is snoring, and Jaune is reading a comic. Or was, until Pyrrha snatched his comic, and instead hands him a textbook. Vergil chuckles a little, and turns back to see Ruby being defeated by Yang.

Ruby: Noooooo! My fearless soldiers!

Yang: Eh, most of them were probably androids.

Ruby: Don't worry, my comrades. You all shall be avenged.

Yang: Nuh-uh-uh! Not until I draw my rewards! Which are double this round, thanks to the Mistral Trade Route!

Pointing her nose in the air, Ruby scoffs.

Ruby: Bah!

Over at JNPR's table, Nora sleep talks.

Nora: Mmmmm...have pancakes, yes.

Back at RWBY's table, Yang grins mischievously.

Yang: Ooh, what's this? Smugglers of Wind Path?

Ruby: Bah! Bah, I say!

Yang: I'd say it looks like I'm taking to cards in my hand!

Ruby: Have you no heart?! Nooo...

She collapses onto the table in defeat, and Yang turns her head to Weiss.

Yang: So, Weiss, it's your turn.

Weiss: Okay, I...have absolutely no idea what's going on.

Yang slides over to her.

Yang: Look, it's easy! You're playing as Vacuo, which means all Vacuo-based cards come with a bonus.

Weiss: That...sounds dumb.

While looking over her cards, Yang quickly explains the game.

Yang: Okay, you've got Sandstorm, Desert Scavenge...ooh, even Resourceful Raiders? See, with this baby, you can now take Ruby's Atlesian fleet--