54

@daddydraco_chokemee thank you so much for your comment! I had to take a break to laugh about your name though XD.

@JanaMaged231 You are too sweet, your comments always cheer me up!

everyone else who has left lovely messages, thank you so much!

-----------

"How could you just leave us like that?!" Hoseok asked, still not over the shock and adrenaline he had felt once the girl came back.

"I didn't mean - I didn't know how long I would be gone!" Melody loudly rebutted mumbling a "It's not like I knew how long you guys were going to be gone either." under her breath.

Yoongi, the only who heard the final sentence couldn't help but feel like he had hurt her as well. All of those times that they had gone places and never told her what to expect... But at least they told her where they were going.

"So? where did you go?" Namjoon asked, calmer than most of the others and simply trying to make conversation whilst eating.

"To the city center. I found a place that is willing to hire me."

"You found a job?!" Seokjin asked. happy for the girl who  before had seemed like she was wilting away on the living room sofa.

"What kind of place is it?" Hoseok asked, already not trusting anything about this situation.

"They want me as a waitress. I just have to walk some drinks and snacks to tables, nothing big." Melody answered. Something was off. Yoongi could tell, but he didn't want to ruin his girlfriends good news. afterall, she had spent hours walking around in the rain just to find a job, it wouldn't be right to be negative about it already.

-----------

"Hey Melody, you said this was your father right?" Jimin asked as he held up a picture. Melody nodded, wondering where this conversation was going.

"It looks like we are invited to the wedding!" Jungkook said, holding a similar piece of paper.

"They probably don't actually expect us to come. It's more of a curtesy thing." Seokjin said discarding his invitation on the table. 

"Sure... But maybe we should go..." Taehyung said with a mischievous smile.

"And then surprise him when we bring Melody along?" Hoseok laughed, imagining the surprise on everyone's faces. It was a funny idea, but he wasn't sure if it was the best one.

"That would be insanely impolite guys, you shouldn't do unexpected stuff at weddings."

"But they invited us! and look-" Taehyung pointed at the top of the letter " -it sais we can bring a plus one!"

"What do you think Melody?" Jungkook asked, not sure if he should choose between the funny or the polite option.

"My father thinks I'm dead. His future wife probably doesn't know about me. My mother would find out through the media. knowing my father this event will be highly televised. I should just lay low."

Melody started playing with her fingers like she wasn't interested in this conversation at all.

"Besides, you guys could get into major problems for the disrespect, the grabbing the attention from the bride and not to mention the fact that you would bring an actual plus one."

Melody could feel her eyes starting to burn as she tried to hold back the tears. She was never close with her father, but the thought that he was ok without her hurt her more than she'd dare to admit.