32

Thank you all for the messages and votes!

Glad to read you guys liked the story by the maknae-line :)

Special thanks to:

Hanaaaaaaa7301

bts-army_OT7

JanaMaged231

Let's get it!

-----------

"Look at that!" Yoongi said pointing at Melody, being pet by Hoseok, who's lap she was sitting on.

"What? Whats wrong with this?" Hoseok asked defensive as his hyung walked closer.

"And you were too scared to even touch her when you met her." Yoongi said with a smile on his face, sitting next to his friend.

"Ya, Hyung, I told you not to talk about that anymore. Besides, Melody and I have talked it out. Haven't we?" Hoseok looked down at the cat who looked up at him at the same time.

"Meow." 

"See, she agrees!" Hoseok said, as if his point had been made. Yoongi chuckled.

"How would you even know what that means huh?" Yoongi crossed his legs "Maybe she called you an idiot."

The two kept playfully bickering as the others stood in the kitchen watching it all happen. Jimin and Taehyung were cleaning up dinner as the others stood at the counter.

"Do you guys think that Jimin and Hoseok were right?" Jungkook asked "About Yoongi hyung liking Melody I mean?" The others looked at the maknae with curiosity in their eyes. It had been pretty clear that for the past few days Jungkook had been acting weird.

"Probably." Namjoon sighed. Finally giving in to the fact that maybe he had been wrong in the beginning.

"I've never seen Hyung smile as much as he has with her." Taehyung added, nodding his head.

"Of course I was right! When have I ever been wrong?" Jimin said clearly over-acting.

Jungkook sighed and left for his room. Jimin was tempted to follow him, but got distracted by a white blur suddenly running towards Melody's room. Without a second thought Yoongi followed his precious feline, but was stopped by a locked bedroom door.

"Melody! Are you ok?" He yelled through the door, to surprisingly hear a human voice answer back.

"I'm getting dressed!" Yoongi stepped back from the door and walked back to Hoseok's side.

It was strange how normal it seemed when Melody returned and simply sat down on the couch, joining a conversation that had started when she had been a cat.

Jimin snapped out of it and finally walked up to his dongsaeng's room to see if he could help him. Jungkook looked up when he heard the door open, but didn't say anything for a while.

"How did you know hyung liked her?" Jungkook asked insecurely, not looking up from his hands that he was fumbling with.

Jimin took a seat at Jungkook's desk and took a deep breath.

"Hyungs actions, mostly." Jimin leaned further forward towards Jungkook and let his elbows rest on his legs. "He seemed happy around her, protective and he accepted everything she did so easily. I mean, hyung has so much trouble sleeping with others in the room, but he shared his bed with her without any problem!" Jungkook nodded understanding.

"You going to tell me what is going on with you?" Jimin asked, but before he finished the question the younger already shook his head.

"I'm just... thinking about stuff." Jungkook answered.

"Kookie oppa! Let's play video games!" a happy voice yelled from the other side.

"She's human again?" Jungkook asked surprised by the female voice. He got up and opened his door, inviting the girl inside.

"Last time you only won because I was a cat -" Melody said with a bright uplifting voice. "- this time I'll definitely beat you." Jungkook smiled and started his gaming device.

"Wouldn't bet on it miss kitty-cat." 

Since it was clear Jimin wasn't going to get his questions answered at this moment, and he didn't really want to witness what would become a battlefield, he left to join the others in the living room.

The cocky remarks went on for a little longer after the door was closed behind Jimin and then they suddenly both went silent.

"We both know you got that far on luck last time." Jungkook said, waiting for the game to load.

"Yeah, I know..." Melody studied the console in her hands. "What does what again?" She asked now holding it up to her age mate. Jungkook chuckled and showed her all the buttons again.

"Stupid, game!" Melody grunted though her teeth, clenched shut with annoyance.

"Why did you want to play it then?" Jungkook laughed, beating the girl for the nth time in a row.

"Didn't feel like explaining why I was sad to the others." The girl answered honestly, and Jungkook looked at her slightly surprised.

"It can't be easy to have your emotions so out in the open." He said back in a soft voice.

"mhm." a short silence followed "You want to talk about what's going on with you?" The girl asked. Putting down her console, clearly not caring about the game anymore.

Jungkook shifted a bit, trying to make himself more comfortable in this situation.

"Do you like Yoongi hyung?" his question was sudden and straight to the point. The shock of his bluntness made Melody laugh a little.

"I think so." She answered honestly, still smiling. Suddenly she felt like she was at a sleepover telling her friends all types of silly secrets. "Why do you ask?" her curiosity grew stronger.

Jungkook ignored her question and asked another one.

"How do you know you like him?" He asked, suddenly feeling vulnerable.

"Hmmm... It's just.... a feeling I get?" The girl had to think hard of how to answer the question properly. "He feels safe, like I can tell him anything, like he will always protect me. He makes me smile when I don't want to. And he makes me sad -" Jungkook looked up in surprise. "- but that is only sometimes." she said with her finger against her lips, telling him she wanted him to keep that a secret.

"Don't the hyungs and I make you feel safe and happy too?" Jungkook asked, looking at his hands again.

"You do." Melody said nodding. "But there is something about Yoongi... It just.. keeps pulling me to his side."

Jungkook nodded and sighed.

"I think I know that feeling you're talking about."