49

ok, so my country has completely opened up again, which means people can't help but go to hotels and restaurants. That means I get to work a lot again. Which is good, since I can definitely use the money, but also means I don't get to write as much.

I hope you guys understand.

-----------

The two were sleeping next to each other, one of the few moments they shared with just the two of them. The room was warm, and whilst usually quite still, Yoongi wouldn't stop moving. His movements got more and more sudden and panicked as soft groans started to come out of his mouth.

Melody started to wake up. She was confused at first, wondering why she would wake up in the middle of the night like this, but then she noticed that the boy next to her was clearly having a nightmare. She sighed and softly stroked his hair, something that over the time she had noticed would calm him down just a bit.

When Yoongi's eyes opened realizing that it had all been a dream and the moment he had revisited was long in the past by now he sighed. He apologized to the girl lying next to him for having woken her up once again. She shook her head like she always did when he had a nightmare and just kept stroking his hair.

"It was my brother again." He said. Melody kissed his forehead before answering with a short. "You must have really loved him."

Yoongi wrapped his arms around the girl and she let her head rest on his shoulder, both of them slowly falling back asleep in the comfort of each others arms.

----------

They didn't talk about it when they woke up again in the morning. They just got ready for the day as usual. Melody had decided that for now this was best, Yoongi clearly wasn't ready to tell anyone yet. He also didn't seem to want the others to know how bad he felt about his home situation, whatever it might be.

"I've got to go." Yoongi said, leaving a small peck on Melody's lips. "I'll see you later ok?" he turned and waved before leaving the room and joining the others in going outside. Melody had opted to stay home since the boys were going to be busy preparing for their Tokyo performance and wouldn't be going to the studio.

Melody took her time, making sure that the boys would be completely out of sight before she pulled a hoodie over her hair and snuck out of the apartment.

She took the bus to the city center and looked around in amazement at all she saw. The stores were bright and colorful, something she had been too busy avoiding getting trampled on to notice before. Life as a human was definitely different than that of a cat, she thought as she felt herself slowly becoming one with the mass.

"Mommy, look at that girl! She looks funny!" a little boy said pointing at Melody as they were waiting for the lights to turn green. Melody took a deep breath, and decided that instead of hiding her face even more, she would smile and wave at the kid that wouldn't stop staring at her. The kids mother, however, scolded him and whispered a remark that hinted at her probably being one of those jobless, useless youths. Melody kept quiet as her smile disappeared. Thankfully the light turned green soon and she could leave the horrible scene behind by crossing the road.

It wasn't a lie that she was jobless. And she hadn't really decided if she was useless or not, but Yoongi seemed to be happy to have her around him, and if that was all she was, someone who made Yoongi happy... That wasn't exactly useless right?

'Not useless, I just haven't found my use yet.' Melody told herself as she walked on entering the store she had come here for.

Yoongi frowned as he looked at his phone that sent him a purchase message. Since he hadn't left the office for most of the day it couldn't have been him.. Which meant that Melody was finally using the bank card he had given her. He couldn't really tell what she was buying though. The stores were either too common or unknown to him, and the amounts were small enough to not give anything away.

Next to him Jungkook also seemed to get distracted whenever Yoongi would receive a message, making the second oldest even more confused. Was there something that those two were planning together? What was he not getting?

As they were out for lunch Yoongi got his final purchase message and as his ears turned red when he recognized the store name, he truly hoped Jungkook had nothing to do with that one.

After a long busy day at work, Yoongi wanted nothing more than to take a nap. Today had been exhausting, it would have been even with a good night's sleep. When he woke up however, he noticed a severe lack of girlfriend in his room. He looked if he could find her, but she wasn't in the bathroom, the living room or her own room. With a sigh he looked at Jungkook's door. after all, the maknae had been acting suspicious today...

After a second of hesitation, he opened the maknae's bedroom door. Nothing. But he could hear a giggling from the bathroom. Another second of hesitation. He opened the bathroom door and was faced with two pairs of very guilty looking eyes.

"Hyung! it's not what it looks like!"

It took a while for Yoongi to take it all in and process what was happening. Whatever he had been expecting, nothing could prepare him for this.

"I sure hope not." He said trying hard to keep his voice stable. "It looks like you murdered a smurf in here."

From the moment that Melody had mentioned wanting to dye her hair, Yoongi had suspected that either Jungkook or Seokjin were involved in this plan. Today's behavior made it clear that Jungkook knew what Melody had been buying, though maybe not all of it.

Yoongi had suspected to find the two dyeing her hair. Jungkook maybe getting in trouble and dyeing his as well, but the entire bathroom was covered in multiple shades of blue. Some were accidental spatters, but the mustache drawn on the mirror that was at the right height to match with Jungkook's face couldn't have naturally appeared there.

Melody looked at him with her beautiful big eyes that stood out even more among all the blue around her.

"We got carried away whilst we were waiting for this to be done." She pointed at her hair, all bunched up under a protective cover. Yoongi smiled at her as he grabbed a paper towel and dampened it in the sink.

"How did you get your arm like this?" he asked as he started wiping the blue spots and streaks away.

"Self defense." Melody muttered as she looked accusingly at Jungkook's completely blue hands.

Yoongi chuckled as he kept cleaning the spots and he saw Jungkook and Melody stick their tongues out at eachother.

"You two truely are the maknae's huh?" He asked, shaking his head at how ridiculous the situation was.