Chapter 4

Demi

Nick's fingers around mine felt good, especially since I was going to make him upset. "I got some bad news & you're not going to be happy." I looked into his eyes, wanting him to know I loved him even though I was about to break his heart.

Concern wrinkled his forehead, as he squeezed my hand, slightly. "What's the news & why am I not going to be happy." He asked after a soft sigh.

"The commercial shoot & the photo shoots are scheduled the weekend of our anniversary." I was speaking in a tiny voice & ended it with my lower lip jutting out a little, hoping that would soften the blow.

Nick let out a breath & looked down at our hands intertwined. His thumb caressed the back of my hand, lightly & I saw his shoulders rise as he took a deep breath. "When do you leave?" He asked, in almost a whisper.

"Saturday. The day before our anniversary."

Nick's gaze lifted to meet mine & he looked a little sad, but not as upset as I imagined he would look. He told me he had something planned, but maybe it wasn't that big of a deal. "How long will you be gone?" He asked as his other hand went around me to rub my ass. His knees opened & he pulled me to stand between them, bringing me closer to him.

"Probably til Wednesday of that week after our anniversary."

His hand that held mine was now going around my waist & with one tug of his arms he brought me down, making me let out a yelp. I put my hands on the back of the chair to keep from falling, completely, into him. Nick & I both chuckled, our faces an inch apart. "We'll just have to celebrate the weekend after our anniversary." He murmured, his lips grazing mine.

"You're not mad?" I asked, in a low murmur.

He shook his head, then his lips were kissing mine as his arms went around me, holding me against him. Our kiss started sweet, but he got a little aggressive, forcing me to straddle his lap. His hands were on my ass pulling me against his hard member. I was a little surprised that he was so reasonable about the situation, but maybe because we've had such a stressful year, he was realizing what things didn't need to irritate us. He didn't have anything big planned either, so that's probably another reason we were fucking, on this chair, instead of him pouting or yelling at me.

One of the twins crying from the monitor, interrupted our afternoon delight, but not before we both climaxed. I was laughing, trying to catch my breath, when I kissed Nick then hopped off his lap. "Thanks for that. You helping me with the kids or staying down here?" I asked him, in a tone that told him what I wanted him to do.

Nick stared up at me as I was buttoning my pants then he reached to grab the waistband of my jeans. "I miss fucking you in that basement studio." He mumbled in a sexy voice.

I let out a sigh while a smile took over my face. "Stop reminiscing. Come help me with the kids."I chuckled holding his hands so I could pull him to stand up.

He gave me a slight smile as he looked up at me. "I like remembering happy memories. Sure beats remembering the sad ones." Nick said, his eyes dimming with sorrow.

I ran my hand down Nick's face. "Then you keep on remembering those moments forever." I leaned & kissed his lips, softly. "I love you." I smiled.

"I love you, too." He grinned up at me, then the other twin joined her sister in crying so he sighed before standing up & following me upstairs to get the kids. We spent the rest of the day being parents, doing parental things. After dinner, Nick went to Joe's house to work on whatever he was working on with Blanda.

I was in bed, with my laptop, when Nick got home that night. He climbed into bed, then kissed me before he laid down himself. I shut my laptop & put it on my nightstand. "Why don't you come to New York with me?" I asked, sounding hopeful.