Chapter 2

Demi

Driving home after I picked up our Chinese food, I wasn't talking much in the car. I would glance over at Nick every once in a while & give him a smile. He would squeeze my hand as he held it, while I drove with one hand. It was hard to believe that Nick was in the car with me. I really did not expect him to forgive me so quickly, nor did I expect him to actually leave Joe's house.

After we got to the house, we headed to the front door & I pulled out my key, while Nick juggled the take out containers. I turned to look at Nick, as I bit my lip. He looked at me & shrugged, wanting to know why I wasn't unlocking the door. "I really didn't expect you to come home with me tonight. I was surprised you forgave me so quickly, but what I did inside was me being hopeful. I was hoping you would remember we said forever & that you said you would always fight for us, so I did some stuff that if you did come home, it would help you remember how much we love each other. I just wanted to explain what's inside."

Nick looked down at the boxes in his arms. "Well, Chinese food... so are there blankets on the floor in front of the fireplace?" He asked, leaning toward me a little, with a smirk on his face.

I tried not to smile. "You know what I love about our relationship?"

"The amazing sex we have?" He asked, grinning. I shook my head, biting my lip a little. "The fact that we're best friends & we know each other so well?"

The smile I was trying to hold back could not be contained. I smiled so big & put my free hand around my amazing husband's neck. I looked into his eyes as I put my lips on his. "That is exactly what I was going to say. See how well we know each other?" I kissed him, quickly, then opened the door & went in the house.

"And just so ya know.... I don't need any reminders of how much I love you. All I have to do is think of you." Nick said as he walked to the family room & I felt myself feel so much love for him as he spoke nonchalantly, like he was talking about picking up dry cleaning. Nick put the take out on the coffee table, then looked at me. "You want to get some drinks & I'll get a fire going?"

Smiling, I nodded then went to the kitchen to get our drinks. When I got to the family room, Nick was sitting on the floor & he had laid everything out. He looked up at me & the smile he gave me melted my heart. "Know what I was just thinking about?"

I sat our drinks on the table. "What?" I sat down across from Nick & crossed my legs.

"When we had Chinese food when you were pregnant & after we had that big fight about you doing the jingle ball. We had the food delivered & you were half naked behind the door when I answered it & then we had sex & you started bleeding & I freaked out." Nick let out a little chuckle.

"I remember that night, too. And I called Blanda & you were mortified when she was on speaker phone & started talking about sex with Joe." I laughed hard & Nick rolled his eyes. "Then you wouldn't have sex with me til I went to the doctor." I stuck my lip out & Nick smirked at me.

"The doctor was impressed that I would refrain because of my concern for you & the baby." Nick's left eyebrow went up in a cocky way & I glared at him. He ate a piece of chicken from his chopsticks & smirked at me.

Rolling my eyes, I shook my head, then put my carton down in front of me. "I'm gonna turn on some romantic music."

"Good idea."

After I turned on some music, I sat back down so we could finish eating. When I was just about finished eating, I watched Nick, who was still stuffing his face. His eyes caught mine & I smiled at him. "Can you believe in three weeks we're gonna be married for twelve years?" I asked, leaning on my hand.