Tresses

tresses • gn!reader
When Din's hair becomes the object of your and the baby's affections, he decides it's time for a trim—although he's hesitant for a reason you must discover.

—§—

The baby always squeals when his father returns.

Din gets just as excited, kneeling down in the hull and slipping off his helmet to reveal his sparkling dark eyes. He sets the beskar aside and takes up his son instead. The green baby coos loudly with joy as Din stands back up and holds him in the air. You smile wide at the sight, still getting used to the true sight of his face and absolutely adoring it.

"Ner ad'ika!" Din exclaims, smiling as he touches his forehead to the baby's. "Me'vaar ti gar?" How are you?

The baby coos and grabs at Din's face, soon nestling his way into his neck. You raise your brow as you stand from your place on the floor, approaching the two with your smile bitten back. Din tilts his head at you with a growing smile, pressing his forehead to yours in a Keldabe kiss once you've gotten close enough.

"And how are you, cyar'ika?" Din asks, his voice full of warmth and affection as his dark eyes adore you.

You feel your face warm under his gaze as you return his smile. "Better now that you're back, Din." He smiles even wider at that. "How was the job?"

Din shrugs, lifting his head from yours when the baby squirms a bit on his neck. "The usual. Didn't put up much of a fight, thankfully."

You release a breath of relief at that. "Good."

Din nudges your shoulder softly, raising an eyebrow at you. "You're protective, ner kar'ta."

"I learned it from you." Din chuckles, shaking his head. Your attention is then drawn to the tuft of hair at the back of Din's head, the long curls tied up there in a roughened knot. "You're lucky your hair is tied back, riduur," you observe with amusement, wrapping your hand around the cluster of hair. "Otherwise, the baby would be having a lot of fun right now."

Din snickers, looking from the baby in his arms to you. "He knows better," Din insists.

You playfully roll your eyes, gesturing to his hair again. "Don't you think it's time for a trim?"

Din gives his head a shake. "No."

You furrow your brow. "Doesn't it get uncomfortable under your helmet?"

Din shrugs. "Could be worse."

You grimace slightly, sensing something that goes far beyond hair as you move behind him. Gently, you take his hair down, setting the curls around his shoulders as you smile to yourself. It's just about to touch his pauldrons with its length. You admire it as you comb your fingers through it. "I understand why you want to keep it," you say softly, walking around him to see that his eyes have fallen closed thanks to your touch. "It's beautiful."

Din reopens his eyes with a dazed smile. "Thank you." His words are as gentle as your touch was, causing your heart to flutter as you return his smile. Yet, his expression slightly changes, his brow raising slightly as his smile becomes more cheeky. "I know you often enjoy it, cyar'ika."

Your gaze shifts between Din and the baby in his arms, your own brow lifting as you shake your head at him. "Din..."

"I didn't say anything, riduur."

"You didn't have to."

Din snorts, absentmindedly stroking the baby's ear as he climbs a little higher on his father's chest. You have to fight an amused smile as you watch the baby go towards his curls. "I was simply stating a fact."