14

It was a calm and quiescent morning, both of the human-cats sat down on the dining table, eating the breakfast prepared by the freckled human-cat. What happened a few moments ago - how Aimi caught them in such a surprising manner, that is, had been long ignored, both of the two boys too embarrassed to talk about it.

"So," murmured the freckled human-cat, playing with his fingers. "You don't plan on telling Aimi-san the truth? That the both of us weren't wearing our shirts because we were too drunk the other night, that is."

"Why should I?" asked the blonde boy, tilting his head as he bit his fork. "She may believe what she wants to believe. I don't really care."

"Hm," hummed Yamaguchi, giggling as he placed a piece of his meal into his mouth. "You're so cool, Tsukki. I truly admire how you stay calm in these kinds of times."

Badump

'B-Badump?' thought Tsukishima, raising his hand slowly, resting it on top of his chest, frowning as he tapped his hand multiple times. 'Quiet, you imbecile. Yams will hear your idiotic beats.'

"What's wrong, Tsukki?" asked Yamaguchi, munching cheerfully as his cheeks puckered up. "Is the food too bad? I'll cook for you again if you want."

"No," answered Tsukishima, shaking his head as he dropped his hand down. "No need to, Yams. You're a good cook, and I like - love - everything you make. I-I'm willing to taste everything you cook, i-if you want, that is."

An awkward silence was all that was heard, Yamaguchi stopping the act of munching his food. He gulped, swallowing every bit of his meal, placing his fork down. He laughed, cupping his lips as small snorts were projected out of his mouth.

"Thank you, Tsukki," giggled Yamaguchi, smiling solemnly as he gazed at the flushed, blonde boy in front of him. He chuckled, pressing his lips together, sighing as his shoulders slumped down. "I won't forget that offer, alright? I'd be looking forward to the perfect moment to imply that offer of yours."

"A-Alright," murmured Tsukishima, his head low. He shook his head quite aggressively, raising his hand to grab a piece of his food, too. What truly had happened, may you ask? Well, to tell you the truth, our blonde boy here, the ever-so-salty Tsukishima Kei, doesn't know, either. It was as if he was moved by amusement if you ask him.

Oh, how the roles have changed - Tsukishima, the cold brat, was the flushed, shy one, now, while Yamaguchi, on the other hand, was the seemingly oblivious individual between the two. Obviously, it was surprising - how much the two have changed in a short amount of time, caused by one another, of course.

"By the way," beamed Yamaguchi, looking up as he smiled at the blonde boy. He placed his fork down, fixing his hair as he smiled ever-so-slightly. "Do you want to visit Aneko-san with me? And, with that, we'll get to see the kids too. I've missed them, truly."

"Hm," hummed Tsukishima, tapping his finger, chuckling as he gazed at the adorable human-cat in front of him, amused and happy. "You seem so enthusiastic and excited about, Yams. But, yes, I'll go with you."

"R-Really?!" yelled Yamaguchi, his joyous voice echoing throughout the place. "Thank you, Tsukki!"

"Hm," hummed Tsukishima once again, his smile growing bigger, chuckling. "You're welcome."

-

"Aneko-san!" called Yamaguchi, jumping up and down as he ran towards the woman, who was smiling ever-so-brightly. She placed the basket she was holding down, opening her arms as she welcomed the enthusiastic, freckled boy with a warm, comforting hug. Yamaguchi smiled, sighing lovingly as he embraced the woman - the very person, an angel, whom he considered his very own family. He had been troubled these past few weeks, but being in this manner with one of the people he loved the most made him very much ecstatic and joyful. "I've missed you, so much."

"I've missed you too, Tadashi," gushed Aneko, patting the freckled human-cat's back lovingly. Yamaguchi's tail, on the other hand, only swayed, dancing as Aneko comforted him. "The kids and I did, very much."

"Tadashi-san!" exclaimed two human-cats, toddlers, to be exact. "We've missed you!"

"Aww," cooed Yamaguchi, jumping down as he opened his arms to pull the two kids into a tight hug.

"And, you brought your prince too!" exclaimed Ichika, laughing as he continued to jump up and down excitedly, still holding Akari's hand. "Let's play again, Tadashi-san's prince!"

"Alright," murmured Tsukishima, glancing at the embarrassed, freckled human-cat, chuckling in amusement and enthusiasm. "If you do insist, that is, that I'm Tadashi-san's prince."

"Yes!" yelled the ever-so-happy boy, laughing loudly.

The two kids pulled Tsukishima's hands, not once letting go. After they have pulled Tsukishima where they wanted him to be, they ran towards Yamaguchi to do the same.

Aneko, on the other hand, just watched everything quietly, her finger resting onto her lips, studying what was happening. She watched Yamaguchi's joyful expressions, smiling as she did so.

Truly, Aneko had never seen such an expression on the boy's face, ever. Though Yamaguchi sure was one sweet boy, he had never looked at anyone, not once, as he was doing so at Tsukishima. It was as if - he was in love. Needless to say, as one of Yamaguchi's guardians, she had to know the truth.

With this, she walked towards Yamaguchi, excusing him from the group, murmuring, "Tell me the truth."

"Tell you what, Aneko-san?" asked Yamaguchi, tilting his head as he looked at the woman with confusion.

"Do you," started she, sighing, holding Yamaguchi's hand ever-so-tightly. "Like Tsukishima, Tadashi?"

 "Like Tsukishima, Tadashi?"