10

"That's because," started Tsukkishima, laughing softly. "I'm gay too."

Turning quite immediately, Yamaguchi coughed, lowering his head as he looked down in both bewilderment and embarrassment. Obviously, it took him by surprise — that the blond human-cat in front of him, one with the coldest personality and the straight-est facewas actually gay.

At least, the idea itself wasn't impossible, but it was still appalling. Though Yamaguchi had no problem with the newly-discovered fact, the freckled boy didn't expect Tsukishima to confess that to him, as they weren't even that close.

"Surprising, is it?" asked Tsukishima, tilting his head as he smirked slightly. "You look like you've been hit hard, Yamaguchi, all with that red face of yours. Was it really that surprising?"

"I-I," stuttered Yamaguchi, biting his lip as he looked around furiously. "You don't look gay."

"Hm," hummed Tsukishima, looking up as he paused. "Do you have to look gay to be gay?"

"No!" exclaimed Yamaguchi, holding the cap of the water bottle he brought out a second ago quite tightly. "I meant that you don't look like you'll be gay."

Then, small chuckles were heard, silent snorts echoing throughout the place. The amused chortles of the blond human-cat caught the attention of the two kids playing across the room, who tilted their heads playfully as they watched the other two, confused about what was going on.

Yamaguchi giggled, feeling happy, and moved to hear and see Tsukishima laugh. He gazed at the blonde human-cat even longer, not once looking away.

Yamaguchi studied Tsukishima's actions and features — how adorable dimples appear on both his cheeks as he laughed, how his whiskers moved, and how his tail danced and swayed. It was almost as if — Yamaguchi liked Tsukishima.

'Wait, what?!' thought the freckled boy, furrowing his brows as he recalled what he thought of. 'Me, like Tsukishima?! Snap out of it, Yamaguchi Tadashi!'

"What are you doing, dozing off?" asked Tsukishima, raising both of his brows as he looked at Yamaguchi curiously.

"N-Nothing," murmured Yamaguchi, looking down, flustered. "I-It's just that, my tail looks much longer than yours..."

Tsukishima paused, frowning as he looked at his dancing tail. He looked at Yamaguchi's, laughing after he did so.

"Your tail sure is long, yes, but do you know what else is longer?"

"W-What?" asked Yamaguchi, flustered as his face flushed red. He looked at Tsukishima's smirking face furiously and immediately, surprised by the assertion.

'What did he mean?' thought Yamaguchi, frowning as he did his very best to look for an answer. 'He didn't mean — that thing, did he?!'

Tsukishima looked at Yamaguchi's red face, confused as to why Yamaguchi blushed quite deeply. Suddenly, an idea ticked off his head, which took him by surprise, of course.

"My tail is, Yamaguchi," murmured Tsukishima, looking down as he did his very best to hide his small blush and smile away. "What were you thinking about?"

"O-Oh!" exclaimed Yamaguchi, laughing sheepishly. "Of course, that..."

Tsukishima giggled in disbelief, amused by the fact that the most innocent-looking person he knew — would have thought of that.

"You," started Tsukishima, eyeing the other flustered boy. "Thought of something else, didn't you?"

"I'm sorry," murmured Yamaguchi, looking down.

Tsukishima chuckled, smiling at the freckled boy in front of him. He raised his right hand, placing it on top of Yamaguchi's hair as he rubbed it.

This was absurd, unbelievable to think that Tsukishima was this soft when it came to Yamaguchi. It was unusual, yes, but it wasn't the first time he had been like that.

"It's alright," muttered he, nodding in amusement. "I still like you."