4

"Tadashi!" called Aimi, flaunting her hands. She leaped, happy.

Yamaguchi opened his door quite carefully, still anxious. He peeked out of the small gap, tilting his head as he asked, "What is it, Aimi-san?"

"I got you your necessities," muttered the young woman happily, smiling. She winked, laughing. "And, I also got you a little something."

Yamaguchi blinked ever-so-slightly, confused. He slowly nodded, scratching his head.

"W-What is it?" questioned the freckled boy, curious.

"Your medicines!" exclaimed Aimi, pulling a bag full of the boy's health necessities. "You know, for your heats."

"A-Ah," said he, laughing softly. "Thank you, Aimi-san."

"No problem, my sweet boy," beamed Aimi, flailing her hands once again.

'She's too excited, isn't she?' thought Yamaguchi, smiling.

"Do you want to come in?" asked he, opening his door wider.

"Sure!"

Yamaguchi pulled his door, grinning at the woman in front of her. He asked if he could be of any help carrying the bags Aimi was holding, to which she denied.

"Thank you for the offer, Tadashi," said Aimi, placing the bags she was holding down. "You really are one sweet boy — a total opposite from the other one, Tsukkishima."

Yamaguchi harshly nodded, flustered. He remembered the moments he shared with the other boy a week ago, making him feel as much anxious and nervous whenever he was about to receive his test results.

"And," started Aimi, sitting down the bed. She huffed, fixing her hair. "I hope you don't mind that Tsukkishima is an alpha."

Yamaguchi perked up, a small blush dusting his freckled face. He coughed, clearing his voice. He harshly nodded once again, a small pout appearing on his flushed face.

"O-Of course," beamed Yamaguchi, shaking his head. "I don't mind."

Suddenly, solemn silence filled the atmosphere. It was suffocating, truly, and it made Yamaguchi anxious.

"I'm sorry," murmured Aimi, fiddling with her fingers as she held her head down. "Tsukkishima really is a brat, isn't he?"

Yamaguchi looked up, tilting his head. It is very much true that the blonde boy was too rude and salty.

"But he wasn't always like that, Tadashi," muttered Aimi, sighing ever-so-lovingly. "He was such a sweet boy, you know that?"

"Aimi-san," called Yamaguchi, sitting up straight.  "Did you adopt Tsukkishima?"

Aimi stopped, turning her head ever-so-slowly. Suddenly, she laughed, throwing her head back.

"Me? Adopt Tsukkishima?" cackled Aimi, wiping the small tears of 'happiness' off her eyes. "I'd throw him away instead."

The young woman continued laughing, her chortles echoing throughout the house. Finally, she stopped, composing herself.

"Tsukkishima's like a brother to me, Tadashi," said she, a loving expression present on her face. "He's one of the sons of the human-cat my grandparents adopted. Tsukkishima's mom is close with mine, truly, as they grew up together. Over time, Tsukkishima's mom married another human-cat, and that brat was conceived."

"What happened to Tsukkishima's parents?" asked Yamaguchi, tilting his head.

"They passed away, unfortunately," answered Aimi, a saddened expression visible. "And my parents took him in."

"Ah," murmured the freckled boy, nodding slowly. "I'm sorry."

"Anyways," started Aimi, stretching her arms out. "It's time to go to sleep, Tadashi. Aneko would kill me if she finds out you're still awake."

Yamaguchi nodded, smiling softly. He stood up, offering to walk the young woman to her room, to which she declined.

As he watched Aimi leave, he huffed, closing his eyes as he sighed. He lied down, allowing sleep to take over him.

Everything was stressful, really, and all Yamaguchi wanted to do was to eat fries, once again. Nevertheless, he slept, thinking of various opportunities of getting closer with the salty boy.