8

"Where have you two been?!" asked Aimi, pointing her finger towards the blonde boy. "Tsukishima Kei, what did you do to Tadashi?!"

"Nothing," murmured Tsukishima, rolling his eyes as he sighed. "We just went out to eat, that's all."

"W-W-Went out to eat?!" yelled Aimi, disbelief present on her face. "You?! The Tsukishima Kei?! Went out to eat with someone else rather than your salty self?!"

"Truly unbelievable," murmured Kageyama, laughing ever-so-slightly.

"Shut it," muttered Tsukishima, glaring at the black-haired human-cat. "King."

"How come you've never invited me out?!" asked Aimi, huffing.

"I do," muttered Tsukishima, sighing. "Look, there's nothing to make a fuss about, alright? I only invited Yams out, that's all. Nothing too surprising."

"What do you mean?!" yelled Aimi, clasping her hands together as she looked at Tsukishima. "And what do you mean 'Yams'?!"

"Aimi-san, calm down," beamed Sugawara, a silver-haired man. "Tsukishima made a friend, didn't he? That's an improvement."

"Ugh," grunted Aimi, slumping down. "Fine, I believe that it is."

"I'm sorry, Aimi-san," murmured Yamaguchi as he smiled sheepishly and bowed down. "I should've bought you a slice of cake, at least."

"What?! Don't be, Tadashi, my precious boy!" yelled Aimi, flaunting her arms around. "You're not at fault!"

"So, I am?" asked Tsukishima, raising his brows as he crossed his arms.

"Yes, loser," muttered Aimi, sticking her tongue out childishly. "Plus, why does Tadashi get to see your soft side first?"

"Who said I showed my soft side to him?" questioned the blonde human-cat.

"I did," beamed the woman, pointing at herself. "And it's quite obvious, isn't it? We've never seen you take someone out, moreover, on a date!"

"A-A date?" murmured the freckled boy, covering his face as he blushed furiously. "It wasn't a date, though, Aimi-san."

"It is what it is, hear me?" said Aimi, huffing.

"It is what it is," echoed two men, one bald and another with slightly dyed hair.

"Shut up, you two," whispered Sugawara, frowning.

"Anyways, we're sorry for causing trouble today," muttered Aimi, bowing down. "But, we have to go now."

"Aww," murmured Hinata, pouting. "I wanted to go play with Tadashi-kun, though."

"Next time, Hinata," said Sugawara, patting the orange-haired boy's head.

"Alright," started Aimi, smiling. "We have to go now, goodbye!"

"Goodbye!"

-

"Where are we going, Aimi-san?" asked Yamaguchi, peaking behind the chair.

"You'll see," murmured the woman, giggling as she grasped the wheel harder.

After minutes of silence, with Tsukishima listening to music and Yamaguchi sleeping, the car halted, waking the freckled boy up from his small slumber.

"A-Aneko-san's place?" beamed Yamaguchi excitedly, smiling.

"Mhm," hummed Aimi, nodding. "Excited, are you?"

"Yes!" exclaimed the freckled boy, giggling softly.

"Come on now," murmured the woman, pushing the door open.

The three of them, with Tsukishima still wearing his headphones, walked towards the entrance of the small adoption center, enthusiastic and giddy.

As they pushed the door open, with the small jingle of the bell playing silently in the background, Aneko looked and turned with the purpose of greeting the customers, until she saw the three. Her gaze softened, happy to see Yamaguchi once again.

But before she could walk up to him and pull the freckled boy into a tight hug, she was pushed by little ones, soft giggles playing as the woman frowning as she opened her mouth to scold them.

"Tadashi-san!" exclaimed them, jumping over the freckled boy, causing him to slip.

As Tsukishima looked down to see what, or who, caused the ruckus, his chest was suddenly filled with both love and warmth.

Baby human-cats?!