Chapter. 6 : The Moonlight Upon The Beast

Author's pov

After several seconds of hugging and crying out of sadness and joyous, the two children pulled away. Whipping their tears, smiling.

"H-how did you find me, (Y/n)-Chan?" Asked the little albino in disbelief as he kept whipping his tears "i didn't expect to find you anytime soon either, your new headmaster brought me here" explained the little (h/c) haired girl.  Atsushi's expression changed to worried one as he sweat dropped, just when he was about to say something, he was cut of by no other than his friend "what happened to you, Atsushi?" She asked as her voice was going to crack again.

Atsushi then noticed the dried blood on the ground and the bruises on his small arms and ankles. Now, he was even more worried, he didn't want to tell his dear friend about the horrible things he went through "who did this to you?" She repeated her question. This time, more sternly. Atsushi was looking at the ground while trying to come up with a lie, though he knew that was one of the things, he was not good at.

"D-don't tell me it's your new headma-" sunset eyes widened as he cut (Y/n) off, before she could finish her sentence "N-no! That's not it at all, (Y/n)-Chan" he said as he shaked his arms in front of him in defense. (Y/n) wasn't convinced yet as her expression was still worried, Atsushi kept sweating until he came up with something.

"I-i wanted to d-dye the wall in red color but i dropped the bucket" he didn't understand how he said it nor how he came up with it as fast as he said it. He tried to fake a smile the best he could so his friend won't be worried anymore but as he knew and was told, children cannot lie.

"B-but that doesn't look like color...." she mumbled, loud enough for Atsushi to hear, the albino gulped the lump in his throat. Even though (Y/n) saw the whole terrifying sight when she entered the cell, he didn't want to make her sure or to tell her what torture he went through.

As for (Y/n), she hoped what Atsushi said was true, yet something kept telling her it wasn't. The more she looked at the dried crimson liquid on the dusty ground, the more it terrified her. She looked away back at Atsushi in disbelief as if she didn't believe him, Atsushi returned the smile, thought she gave up.

But he was wrong

"Then what about those bruises?" She asked, pointed at the bruises, Atsushi flinched a little when he realized she didn't believe him yet "i-i was running but i slipped and that's how i received them" he then let out a crackly smile. (Y/n) looked at the bruises with teary eyes, those weren't that kind of bruises someone receives when they hit the ground. For Atsushi, it was like as if...

He just came out of a torture

"Don't worry, (Y/n)-Chan" the little girl looked up and saw her friend smiling at her, her heart sank. When she entered the hallway and saw him sitting alone in the cell hugging his knees, he seemed to be in pain. But now, he was trying to smile in front of his friend, though she didn't understand why.

(Y/n) jumped at Atsushi and hugged him, Atsushi's mixed colored eyes widened as he heard slight sobs over his shoulder. He became worry, did he make his friend sad?

"I missed you, Atsushi!, it's so boring outshide, i wanna play with you!" The little girl half yelled as her small yell was muffled by her own sobs. Atsushi's eyes widened, since his tears weren't fully dried yet, he let them roll down again as he returned the hug "I missed you toow, (Y/n)-Chan" he shut his eyes closed, letting the tears wet his face once again.

The two middle aged adults was watching the whole moment from not so afar. The woman, known as Rosella clenched her jaw, as much as he hated to see (Y/n) crying and wanted to let her be with her friend longer, it was like she was silently telling her superior to finish the meeting already. The man gazed back at her over his shoulder. The whole time, his expression remained emotionless. He closed his eyes and walked towards the two.

The large door of the cell let out a loud crack as it made the two children flinch at the sudden sound. The door opened, revealed the man Atsushi feared the most. Once Atsushi saw the man, his expression turned to frightened one as his eyes widened in horror. He didn't notice his grip around (Y/n) got tighter. (Y/n) noticed this, she already knew why the door opened, yet she didn't let go of the hug.

"(L/n) (Y/n), time is up" said the headmaster in low yet stern tone, by his tone of voice. (Y/n) could guess how cruel he is or can be. Her expression saddened but she didn't even turned around nor did she let go of the hug for moments.

"(Y-y/n)-Chan?" Atsushi called her, afraid that if she doesn't obey, his headmaster will punish her like he did to himself. (Y/n) was about to let go of the hug, before mumbling in Atsushi's ear "i'll distract them, let's meet tonight in the garden if that's possible, okay?" Atsushi felt his cheeks heat up in pink color as he flinshed a little but tried to keep cool so the headmaster won't understand. (Y/n) Then pulled away, smiling at the albino "we'll meet again, okay?" She asked in excited and cute tone, Atsushi knew what she meant, though he didn't understand how this will work, he nodded.

The little (h/c) haired girl turned around and walked out of the cell, she turned around and looked at Atsushi once again, before the bar door shut closed, separating the two in each side of hallway.

~

It was 12:00 in the night. (Y/n) didn't play the whole day as she was thinking of a way to distract the headmaster but couldn't come up with any, so she waited til everyone fall asleep. She got up from her bed and was about to walk out of the room. Suddenly, she felt the floor vibrate a bit as a muffled sound of something breaking was heard, and gone in second. She though it might be the earthquake. She turned around and saw the full moon shining brightly, this caught her attention as she walked silently towards the window.

After admiring the moon for a few seconds, she gazed out of the window. Once she did, her (e/c) orbs widened. It was the least thing she expected to see...

She saw the white tiger walking calmly in the garden, under the moonlight.

___________________________

A/n : i didn't plan to end the chapter here but it reached over 1000 words already, sorry it was shorter -_-. I hope you enjoyed the update ^^ stay tuned til the next chapter ;)