Chapter. 2 : friend

"So you're the new child that arrived today, the albino of the orphanage"

~

Author's POV

after what seemed like couple minutes, the woman in white paused her pocket clock, looking at the little girl "amazing, (L/n)-Chan. You're doing very well" said Rosella in rather kind tone as she put the pocket clock in the pocket of her white outfit "thank you! Rosella-San" the (h/c) haired girl smiled cheerfully "can i go now?" The little girl asked smiling, the woman let out a small smile as she put her arms behind, turning back to leave "yes, you may" she said. The little girl smiled widely and ran to the direction she came from.

The woman turned her head back to look at the girl with no light in her eyes, then left.

The (h/c) haired girl reached where she and her friend was, she was over excited as she waved her hand in the air "Atsushi! I'm ba-" she yelled smiling closed eyes. But once she reached near the bench; she noticed, Atsushi was nowhere to be found. "Atsushi?" She blinked twice, walking to the bench, she looked around and to her surprise, children were no longer there playing. Which was odd to her since it wasn't lunch time yet.

'Maybe they went inside' she thought, but then remembered she told him to stay there til she backs and he nodded. The fact that he wasn't there when she returned made her sad and a bit angry. She was about to go inside the orphanage but realization hit her. Before she leaves, the children were playing hide and seek 'maybe Atsushi joined them?' As this thought popped in her mind, a wide smile crept on her lips "So you're playing hide and seek? wait there. Imma find you!" She said in her playful tone as she ran, wandering around the grassy garden.

"Atsushi, where are you? I can easily find you y'know" she said proudly as she looked at the bench "you are....here!" She half yelled as she peeked her head behind the bench, but Atsushi wasn't there. She pouted disappointed.

"Found you!"

"Here!"

"Got you!"

She searched behind trees, benches and even some random parts in the garden, still no sign of her new friend Atsushi, not to mention other children.

(Y/n)'s POV

I don't know for how long I've been looking for them, hide and seek doesn't get this long. 'was they really playing? Then why they don't show themselves!?' I thought, i was tired and a bit annoyed. I felt like i've been fooled. But.... "I...don't know what they're playing" Atsushi said he doesn't know the game, could the children have taught him? Then why no one's here? Even if it's not, Atsushi supposed to be there on the bench. Maybe they all went inside? Yeah, i guess i took so long.

As I headed towards the orphanage, something caught my attention from the corner of my eyes, i turned around, it was something white on the ground. I ran towards it but stopped as i realized what it was, the white tiger plushie.

For a second, i was happy as i found a sign of Atsushi, but then....something was wrong. He always had it with him, hugging it like he couldn't be apart from it. I noticed the white tiger plushie was...dirty! With a shade of dust on it.

Don't tell me...

I began to worry and scare as i picked it up with my shaking hands

"A..atsushi?" My voice was about to crack as i called him, looking around "Atsushi, Atsushi!!" I didn't realized I was running and calling him loudly, i was scared as scenarios of what could have happened popped in my mind, i could hear my heartbeat in my ears as my eyes began to get watery.

"Atsushi! Where are you?" Now I was running around the whole orphanage, still in garden. I didn't know why, but I had a feeling he was here "Atsushi do you hear me!? Atsu-" I was about to cry but stopped running as i heard muffled sobs from near distance, i walked further and peeked my head to other side. And i saw the owner of sobs...

Atsushi!

He was sitting on the ground, leant against the wall of orphanage. Hugging his knees and his shoulders was slightly shaking. "Atsushi!" I quickly ran to him, he jumped when he heard my voice as if he didn't expect, he titled his head and looked at me "L... (l/n)-san..?"  He said in between sobs, i stopped. At the sight of his hairstyle.

It wasn't the one he had before i leave him on the bench, his bangs was kinda long and the sides of his hair was same length. But now, the bangs were gone, revealing his whole forehead and one of his side bangs was long, unlike the other that seemed was cut not long ago.

"What happened, Atsushi!?" I asked as i sat beside him, handing him his white tiger plushie, the smooth white velvet was now covered in dust. His mix colored eyes sparkled as he saw it "th-thanks" a small smile crept on his face, but soon faded as the tears were still there "I thought you were lost. Why were you crying, Atsushi?" I asked, hoped he would answer, i wanted to know what happened when i wasn't there, but he didn't say anything as his grip around his knees became tighter.

"Please, tell me!" I insisted, then i realized there was shade of dust on him too, on his elbow and his cheeks, he looked like he was beated up. "Don't tell me it's other children! If it's their fault, imma fight the--" I stood up as i about to run to other children but i was cut off "No! Please... (L/n)-San...don't... fight them" he begged in cracked voice, as he buried his face on top of his knees and plushie. I stopped as I looked back at him.

i felt bad by seeing him like this. I sat beside him 'why they did this to Atsushi? He did nothing wrong, was it because he was shy and kind so it made them frustrated?' Thoughts ran through my mind, i looked at Atsushi who was looking at his tiger plushie 'I wasn't going to hurt or actually fight them, i'm not such person but....'

I felt so bad i wasn't there.

"what happened to your hair?" I asked in worry and confusion, trying to brush the event off "one of the...ch-children cut it, he said it's just a prank and it suits me better" he explained, his eyes were still watery "but you don't like it do you? why did you let them do this? You could just call someone, for example Rosella-San" I said, i didn't understand--no, i couldn't understand why the other children beated him up and why he let himself silently being beated up "i told them to stop...But if i've yelled for headmasters, they've probably punish the other children...i....i didn't want them to get in trouble because of me"

he explained, my eyes widened as i felt something inside me tightened in pain 'I would've do the same if it was me but still...why? Is it because he's just too kind?' I thought as tears ran down my cheeks "So i think that's why i didn't do anyth--" he was about to face me

But was interrupted when i hugged him

"I'm sorry Atsushi, i'm sorry i left you there on the bench!" I said as i let my tears fall down "h-huh!? (L- (L/n)-San, p-please don't cry, it's...not your fault" he said in confused tone and hugged back "if i've had take you with me, none of these would've happened!" I chocked in between sobs, i supposed to be his friend, what kind of a friend am i if i'm not there in hard times? "(L/n)-San...p-please don't cry....i'll be s-sad if you cry" he said as his voice was about to crack again, my eyes jolted open as i whipped my tears and pulled away

"You're right! By the way how old are you?" I asked, he seemed puzzled but answered away "i'm 8 years old" he said "i'm 7. So you're one year older than me, i didn't expect that" i laughed sheepishly as he smiled, the pink dust on his cheeks was still there since i pulled away from the hug, i chuckled "also, no need to call me by "san" and my last name" I smiled "huh!? Really? But your headmaster, Rosella-San said--" he said in confusion and stressed but i cut him off "don't worry, we're friends right? Also i'm younger than you, so call me (y/n) or (y/n)-Chan" I smiled, he blinked then smiled widely and nodded.

Friends, right?