How To Celebrate A Birthday

Chapter 19 : How To Celebrate A Birthday

Around three in the morning I snuck out of the motel room to go to the store. It was a very simple task, mostly because Warren can sleep through almost anything. The most difficult part was escaping his death grip. He, apparently, can not sleep alone. He needs something near him or next to him to cuddle with. Human or not. 

So when I escaped, I tossed him a pillow to snuggle with. He accepted it without a second thought. He wrapped his arms around it, muttered something, and was snoring in three seconds tops. I had to get out of that room before I pissed my pants with laughter. It was the funniest thing I’ve seen him do since I’ve met him.

When I got to the 24/7 Wal-Mart which was a 15 minute drive from where we were staying, I immediately went straight towards the birthday cakes. I want it to taste really good, not like some shitty cake from the dollar store. I also wanted it to fit his personality.

I found the perfect one. It had peanut butter flavored icing and was a chocolate layered cake with fudge inside. It was made for probably a costume party. It was in the shape of Dracula’s head, with a grin and all. There was even two little fangs and blood dribbling down the side of it. I bought it in a heartbeat.

I bought some balloons as well, because everyone needs balloons at one point in their life or another. I bought candles for the cake, too. He’ll need to make a wish because it’s birthday common sense. I also bought him a present. It wasn’t anything big, I was in Wal-Mart. It was more of a joke present than anything. Just some plastic fangs, a can of whipped cream, and a bottle of vodka, because he’ll probably want to drink the entire thing himself. I won’t drink any of it.

When I got back to the motel room, he was still asleep, cuddling the pillow like it was his life line. We had a mini fridge in the room, so I put the cake in there. I let the balloons float all over the room and I wrapped his little presents messily. I stored them on the counter for when he would wake up.

I took a seat on the other bed because there was no way I would be able to go back to sleep. Instead, I watched six hours worth of Criminal Minds. Warren didn’t wake up till ten in the morning. He was a very late sleeper. I, on the other hand, was not. I hated sleeping past ten. He obviously didn’t care what time he slept in till.

“What time is it?” He muttered sleepily, raking a hand over his head. He was still half out of it, because he didn’t bother to move in the slightest.

Grinning, I ran over to the bed without a second thought. I slammed my body onto his, giving him a huge bear hug. He was still underneath the blankets, but I frankly did not care. “Happy birthday, you blood sucker!”

I was tossed to the side of the bed when Warren kicked me off. He sat up and glared daggers at me. “Hug me again and I’ll snap your neck.” He ran another hand over his messy black hair. There were tuffs of it curling upwards. He yawned and glanced at the time. Like I said, he didn’t react, because he didn’t care. 

“You’re 23 now!” I yelled happily, the grin still plain as day on my face. I bounced up and down in my seat, making the bed rock slightly.