How To Tie Up Loose Ends

Chapter 33 : How To Tie Up Loose Ends

"There."

I pointed towards my old boss that was at the end of the hallway. I turned to the FBI behind me, shrugging. "This entire facility has been testing experiments on animals and humans. I've seen enough of it. I want this place shut down because it is illegal. That man over there is responsible for it all, along with other bosses of other levels."

The FBI girl with long, black hair made a motion. "Move out. I want every inch of this place inspected." She paused. "And cuff Santa over there," Her head jerked towards my boss.

My boss cried out as he was handcuffed and dragged away by two FBI agents. He suddenly saw me and his eyes were blazing. "Alexa! You can't do this! Remember what you showed me? You're able to turn humans into vampires!"

I tilted my head softly to one side. "You mean that video?" I snorted, crossing my arms. "It's amazing what you can do with a little video editing system. Works wonders."

"No!"Dr. Helmich cried. "It was real! I saw it with my own two eyes! It was all real!" The two agents dragged him out the door and he was gone from my life.

It turns out, Gerber revealed to me that other levels of the place were testing out things on animals and humans. Forcefully. Dr. Helmich was one of the founding fathers of this place, along with a couple more other scientists, so they knew what was going on and didn't mind it. So Joel helped me contact the FBI and now they're shut down for good.

Joel nudged my side with his elbow. He looked so much more healthier than when we were trapped in the dungeons. He looked like his happy old self. "You still got more of the drugs?" He whispered towards me,purposely trying to look suspicious.

My lips quivered. "The what?"

"You know, the drugs, man," He whispered back. "Human drugs."

It dawned on me. "You mean Formula Human?"

"Shh!"He said quickly, covering my mouth, eyes darting around the facility."I don't want anyone to know."

Laughing, I moved his hand away and nodded. "Yeah. I got one more safe and sound at home to turn someone permanently into a human."

"Good, good," He said. "I'll come over later."

I chuckled, shaking my head. "You don't feel like being a vampire anymore?"

Joel shrugged. "It's getting old. Eh? See what I did there? I'm punny."

I rolled my eyes as we walked out of the facility together. Our cars were parked next to each other. "Have you seen Warren around lately?"

Joel shook his head as he unlocked his door, flicking his sunglasses onto his head. "Haven't seen him since we got back here."