How To Deal With A Miserable Warren And A Hungover Alexis

Chapter 24 : How To Deal With A Miserable Warren And A Hungover Alexis

When I woke up, I instantly regretted it and wanted to fall back asleep again. It felt like there was a tiny monkey banging a drum against the inside of my head. My stomach felt like it was tossed up from being on a roller coaster. My whole body ached and I knew there was going to be consequences to deal with.

“Here.”

Slowly, I opened my eyes. “Holy shit,” I muttered at the sudden flash of pain in my eyes. The light finally dimmed down and Warren was standing in front of me, holding two small Advil’s and a cup of water. I grabbed them and downed them like they were going to save my life. “Thanks.”

I remembered exactly what I did last night. I was upset with Warren and Jennifer. I wanted to have fun and forget about everything Warren and I did. I remembered kissing the werewolf, drinking, and dancing all on repeat. I remembered seeing Warren practically having sex with Jennifer on the side of the wall. I also remember him coming over to yell at me. When we got to the car, that’s where it all goes hazy.

“Oh my god,” I dragged out in a whisper, more to myself. “I killed so many brain cells last night it’s not even funny.”

Warren did not agree with me. He had his arms crossed and he was looking down at me, silently glaring. I kind of just stared back at him, not entirely sure what to do. He looked very pissed off at me. I remembered last night that he was the angriest I’ve ever seen him. He was beyond livid and if I wasn’t so drunk off my ass, I would’ve been able to see it.

“Go take a shower,” He said very slowly, pronouncing each syllable very clearly. He was very angry still. “You smell like that fucking mutt.”

Slowly, I sat up, and the world dipped. When everything was leveled again, I took my first steps. I grabbed my backpack that was on the table and headed to the bathroom. But then I paused. If he was going to say rude stuff, I was going to, too. “And you smell like that whore.”

Before he could go off at me, I slammed the door shut and started the water. If he wanted to, he could’ve easily tore down the door. But he didn’t. So I relaxed and took my shower. The hot water felt nice on my aching muscles. I washed and scrubbed all the sweat and dirt off of me. When I got out, I felt refreshed. But my stomach and head still hurt a lot. I put on comfortable basketball shorts and an old t-shirt.

I left my hair wet and exited the bathroom. Warren was sitting on the bed, watching TV. He didn’t take his eyes off of the screen. He just breathed in slightly. “Much better.”

I ignored his comment, even though I could faintly smell that he sprayed some of his cologne to get rid of Jennifer's scent. Instead, I hoisted my backpack over my back and shoved on the pair of flats I was wearing last night. “Bye.” I whirled around, walking towards the exit of the room. But when I turned, Warren was already there. I jumped back and my heart started to race. I forgot now that he has his vampire abilities, he was able to do whatever the hell he wanted to.

“Where are you going?” He questioned, leaning against the door.