How To Lure A Vampire

Chapter Two : How To Lure a Vampire

        One week later, I found myself working harder than I ever had before. I was forced away from my lab and practically thrown out onto the streets. I thought I could trust my boss with my life. It turns out he was just waiting for the perfect moment to stab me right in the back. It just goes to show you; don’t trust anyone, no matter how good you think you know the person.

        But I haven’t stopped with Formula Human. I was going to keep going no matter how hard it was to get a vampire on my hands. I was so close I could almost taste it. Vampires blend in with everything, which is why it’s so hard to spot them. They could be anyone, anywhere, at any given time.

        Like I said, I’ve been tracking one for a little over a year now. He slips and slides, but I end up finding him again. I’ve tracked him down to one of his favorite clubs; The Target. It’s pretty much an elite where you go to get drunk off your ass, dance for three hours, and then hookup with some random person there. I dislike it very much, but that’s where my vampire goes, so that’s where I’ll go, too.

        I guess that’s why I’m dressed - excuse me, under-dressed - with skin tight clothing. There’s a tank top sweating against my body and super tight skinny jean shorts that are as dark as night. To be taller (because I’m short), I even wore a pair of black ankle boots to boost me up a few inches.

        After an hour of standing outside, I was let into the club. It was too dark to really see anything. Once my eyes adjusted, I could see the bar was to my left, and on the far right, there was a bunch of people dancing. There were couches placed randomly around, and there was a small area for tables and chairs. I blocked all that out and tried to find my vampire.

        I was finally able to spot him. He was already dancing with a couple of girls who were wearing less clothing than I was. I just have to find out to get him alone, next to the bar. My vampire was very easy on the eyes. His hair was a wavy black and his eyes matched with the same dark tone. Only they weren’t black; they were brown. But it was so dark you could consider them to be black. He was tall, too. Way taller than me. His cheeks had a stubble to them, falling under his chin and scraping his upper lip. His eyebrows were perfectly sculpted; probably better than mine. His lip was pierced too, and I’m pretty sure I saw a glimpse of tattoos on his arms.

        I squeezed myself onto the dance floor, heart trying to jump out of my throat, and got comfy cozy right next to Mr. Vampire. The girls who were dancing with him were not too happy about that. My whole back grinded against his chest and I felt his hands brush up my sides.

        “Who are you?” Mr. Vampire breathed into my ear, taking in a very deep breath. “You’re new. Haven’t seen you around here before.”

        When I said ‘tracking’, I meant I only knew his locations. I never knew anything about him; including his name. “I’m Alexa,” I said, still letting him grind against me. Inwardly, I was grimacing. Trust me.

        “I’m Austin,” He breathed again. “You wanna grab a drink?”