27. "Save me"

Ophelia and the twins took me somewhere. They gave me a minute to get dressed and then they escorted me out of the hotel. Thankfully Dennis had gotten the chance to go get some clothes before they took him out. He'd gotten me a simple white top, blue jeans and white sneakers. He had gotten all the sizes right, which made me wonder if that was a vampire thing too, or he just knew my body that well.

When I stepped outside I noticed the guards that Alexander had hired were gone, and I figured it had something to do with how powerful Ophelia was. She had a car waiting for us outside, and that surprised me for some reason. Maybe I expected the witches to use brooms to travel, and that thought made me smile in my head. I knew I had little to smile about, but the fear I felt didn't take away how high I still was.

I didn't see where we were going, because the windows of the car were pitch-black, and there was a separation between us and the driver. The car was similar to the one Alexander had arranged to pick us up to go see Sybil and her sister. Alexander, I'd almost forgotten about him. And Dennis. Oh, Dennis. I really hoped he was alright.

The car suddenly pulled over and someone opened the door for me. It was an abandoned building, in the middle of nowhere, and the one that opened the door for me was a vampire. I wondered why a vampire would be in Ophelia's side if her intention was to exterminate them. Maybe he didn't know, or maybe he was under some kind of spell. I knew nothing about witches, and I didn't know the extend of their powers, so I wasn't sure they could make vampire do things for them. I stepped outside and the vampire didn't even look at me. I had learned the bad way that I provoked a certain reaction in vampires, but this one didn't even bother to look at me. He wasn't there because he wanted to, I was almost sure of it once I looked at his dark eyes.

"Get inside." Ophelia ordered, and I nodded. I didn't see the point in refusing. I took one last look at the confusing-looking vampire and I felt bad for him. Ever since I met Dennis I had gotten the habit of humanizing vampires, and I didn't know if that was good or not.

As soon as I walked in I had a bad sense of familiarity. I had been there before, but it wasn't a happy memory, it was a horrible one. Then I realised I hadn't actually been there before, but I only had the feeling of it. I had been there in my nightmare. The inside of the building was nothing like the outside, probably because the witches put a spell on it like the one in the bar in New York or the house Alexander had taken me to before. The inside wasn't beautiful, like those other places, it was just different. It was dusty and old, kind of like how Dennis' place looked before he fixed it a little. The living room was the first thing I saw, spacious but empty, with one old dusty yellow couch that looked more grey than yellow, two wooden chairs that didn't match the rest of the room, one fireplace, and one big ugly lamp hanging above a wooden coffee table. There were two witches sitting in the not-so-yellow couch and they both stood up as soon as they saw me.

One was short and in her twenties, she had shiny blonde hair and brown eyes. The other one looked like she was in her forties, she was a bit taller than me, and she had brown hair and eyes. Their eyes lit up as soon as they saw me. And I realised I had seen them both in my dream.

"Are you sure it's her?" the younger one asked. Ophelia walked past me, and she held her hand.

"I could tell as soon as I saw her, but maybe you need a little push." Ophelia guided her towards me. I took a step back, only to feel a big strong body behind me, like a wall. A vampire was guarding the door from the inside. I took a deep breath as I saw them come closer to me. "Give me your hand, darling." Ophelia demanded. I didn't feel like I could say no, so I extended my shaky hand to her.

Ophelia guided the girl's hand and made her hold mine. I felt the same way I had felt the time Sybil took my hand, and I could see she did too. She gasped and took a step back.

"It's her." the girl affirmed, like there was no room for doubt.

The older witch held my hand too, like she wanted to see for herself, and then broth of the twins did the same. They all had the same reaction. They looked marvelled by me, their eyes lit up and filled up with hope. I realised I hadn't thought enough about what was about to happen. My nightmare was going to come true. I felt a cold shiver run down my spine. Dennis was going to die. Alexander, Jacqueline, all of them. They were all going to die.

I then remembered there was one witch missing. I remembered seeing six witches in my dream, and I had so far met five. What I remembered next made my world turn upside down. It was Willow. I had seen Willow in my nightmare casting a spell with me in the middle and I had completely forgotten about it because I was so high. Fuck Alexander and his heroin-like blood. I was a bit more sober now, and I remembered her part in my dream clear as day. That's when I saw her walking into the room like she wasn't a backstabbing bitch.

There were two doors on the wall in front of us, both in opposite sides next to the couch. Out of the one to my right came Willow. She was wearing different clothes, and her hair was in a ponytail now. She also had a big book in her hands. I gasped, like even though I knew it was coming, I still felt surprised by the sight of her. I looked at her with anger, but she didn't seem to mind.

"For a second I thought you had lied to us, Willow." the blonde one said to her. Willow smiled.

"I told you I'd find her." Willow said.

She had betrayed us, but most importantly her sister. I knew Sybil wasn't in on this, partly because she seemed hopelessly in love with Alexander and I doubted she would do anything to hurt him. Besides, she had asked Dennis, Alexander and Jacqueline to protect me, although that seemed kind of pointless now. I didn't think Sybil had a grasp on how powerful Ophelia and her coven actually were. I mean, she wouldn't have sent three super strong vampires to protect me if she knew Ophelia could just knock them out. There was something else she hadn't thought about. Ophelia had much more power than any of us though, and that made me feel even more scared. I took a deep breath, trying to organize my thoughts and to come up with a plan. I was at a loss.

"Enough chit chat." Ophelia's prominent voice made us all turn to her. She walked towards Willow and took the book from her hands.

The book read Imperium in the cover. I took a deep breath as I watched Ophelia open it. They were going to do the spell, and I couldn't do anything to avoid it, other than to call Dennis. I could do it, but I thought if Ophelia could knock Alexander out, the strongest vampire I knew, then I wasn't sure if them coming to my rescue would make a difference.

Then I remembered The Academy. They claimed to rule all vampires, so if I reached out to my connexion with Dennis and let him know where I was, maybe he could tell Alexander and he'd talk to some vampires from The Academy. Maybe Alexander wasn't even the oldest and strongest one, and The Academy had many more that could fight the witches. I thought they could also tell Sybil and she and her coven could help as well. I didn't know if it was a good idea, but it was the only option I had.

Dennis.

I called his name in my mind. I didn't know exactly how our connexion worked, but I thought calling his name would do the trick.

Dennis, please.

I could always feel him. That was one of the most beautiful things we had together. I could always feel him, and he could always feel me, no matter how far away we were. So, I felt him. I felt him longing for me and worrying about me. But I didn't know if he'd received my calls for help, and I wasn't sure I could know.

The witches moved the furniture and left the center of the room empty. That was the way the room looked in my dream. Every witch except Ophelia made a circle around the center of the room. They looked like they were getting ready for something. Ophelia, still with the book in her hand, walked toward me and extended her other hand to me.

Dennis, I need you.

_____________

Hiiii! I hope you liked this chapter :)

Vote & Comment bbys 

Love u all <3