26. "I will protect you with my life"

"We'll protect her." Alexander assured Sybil. Jacqueline looked annoyed, but she still agreed to it.

"I recommend you stay in New Orleans for a while, we'll keep in touch." Sybil said. Alexander nodded.

"Let's go, stoned girl. We're staying in the same hotel room tonight." Alexander walked towards me and he gently grabbed my arm and pulled me to the door.

"Hey!" I complained. He wasn't physically hurting me, but it still annoyed me that he thought he could just call me stoned and take me wherever he wanted. He stopped once we were outside the bar. I saw Jacqueline walking towards us alongside Dennis.

"Stella," he sounded annoyed, but his annoyance was the last thing in my list of concerns in that moment. "I know you're high right now, but I need you to get one thing inside your brain." he looked as intimidating as ever, but now he looked a little bit more... handsome? It was probably the blood. "I will protect you with my life from now on, but I need you to stop putting yourself in danger on purpose." he put both of his hands on my shoulders and came closer to me.

I was really high still, and it made me see him in a different way. He seemed actually concerned for my wellbeing, but maybe I was just very high. I couldn't tell. But I knew he had a point. It would be pretty stupid of me to put myself in danger knowing that I was a talisman that was necessary to kill all vampires on earth. I sighed and put my hands in his arms.

"I won't." I assured him. Dennis stood next to us and he coughed. I noticed he felt a pinch of jealousy, which I found ridiculous.

Alexander was probably one of the hottest vampires -if not THE hottest vampire- in the face of the earth, but I couldn't imagine in a million years I could be attracted to him in another way that wasn't physical, like I did with Dennis. Alexander looked at Dennis for a second and then he let go of my shoulders. I took Dennis' hand as an attempt to assure him I was just thankful to Alexander for his help.

We went back to the hotel, and the ride was the most silent I had ever had. I assumed we were all taking in the new information we'd received. I was still very high when the driver pulled over and we walked into the hotel. It was suddenly full, probably because it was late, and the people were heading to the bar of the hotel. We ignored all the people and just walked straight to the elevator and then straight to our hotel room.

The four of us entered the new hotel room Alexander had booked by just winking at the receptionist. The inside of the room was similar to the one I'd stayed the day and night before. It was all red and black, and bloody and sexy, but this room had two beds in it, and a bigger hot tub. I assumed it was meant for vampires and humans that enjoyed the company of more than two people. Because I was high, the light looked brighter and the colors looked more intense, and everything looked more daring and sexier.

"I could really use a shower." I thought out loud. Jacqueline's beautiful black leather dress was now covered in blood, and so was my skin.

"The hut tub is right there." Alexander pointed at the hut tub, taking off his black leather jacket and giving me one of his flirty smiles. I rolled my eyes.

"No, thanks. I think I'll go for a regular shower." I said as I walked into the bathroom.

"Your loss." I heard Alexander say behind me.

"I'll get you some clothes." Dennis said, ignoring Alexander's inappropriate comments. I smiled at him as I entered the bathroom.

The bathroom looked like it was bigger than my whole apartment back in New York. It was surprisingly white and shiny, and it had an interesting contrast to the rest of the room. There was a bath in the middle of the room that was white with golden taps. The floor was of white marvel and the walls were white with little golden sprinkles all over. There was a big tall shower in the left corner of the bathroom, two sinks with big mirrors on the wall, and a toilet in the right corner of the room. I turned the hot water of the shower and then I looked in one of the mirrors. I was surprised at what I saw.

My mouth had traces of Alexander's blood on it. The left side of my neck had blood on it as well as my clavicle and cleavage. I took off the dress and my underwear and I stood there, examining my body. I wasn't too thin, I had C cup boobs and hips that wouldn't fit in some pants, but I was pretty okay with my body. There was something different about me, though. My eyes looked brighter, and my hair did too, but I attributed all that to Alexander's magical addictive blood. There was something else different. I had blood all over me, and I didn't look like myself. I looked brave, and daring, and... not like the girl that had come back to her hometown for the summer to spend time with her family. My hair was messy, because some hairs had escaped from my ponytail, and some of my nails were broken, but I still looked perfect. I looked like a vampire, that was it. Alexander's blood had made my skin look flawless and my body look taller, and the blood in my mouth gave it a special touch. I looked like how I imagined I'd look like if I was a vampire.

Dennis' blood had made me prettier and stronger, but Alexander's blood made me nearly perfect. I felt like I could run a marathon or jump form a building. I took a deep breath and tried to remember that girl that felt so far away from me now. That girl that had never felt loved and had always felt out of place. I felt amazing now. Looking past the fact that any vampire that found out I was an Imperium would want to kill me, and that Dennis, the vampire that I considered to be the love of my life now, could die if Ophelia used me, I still felt more alive and like myself than ever before, and that slightly scared me.

I took a twenty-minute shower and I enjoyed every minute of it. The hot water felt even more amazing than usual because of the effect of Alexander's blood in me. The water washed away all the blood on me, but it failed to wash away the concern I was starting to feel about my future. I decided thinking about how fucked up the situation was wouldn't help me deal with it, so I stopped. I just enjoyed my shower.

I turned the water off and put on a towel that I got out of a closet before getting in. I dried up my body and I wrapped a second towel around my head to dry my hair. Then I put on a pink rob that was hanging on the door. I walked out expecting to see Dennis holding the clothes he'd promised me he'd get, but I instead saw something that shook me to my very core.

They were all on the floor. Alexander was the only one with consciousness, because he looked at me with his now apologetic blue eyes, trying to warn me of something. Jacqueline was in one of the beds, resting with her eyes closed, and Dennis was laying next to Alexander, near the hot tub, also unconscious. I gasped and took a good look around me. They weren't dead, I was sure of that. Suddenly the door opened abruptly causing a racket, and three people walked in.

They were witches, and one of them was Ophelia. I could tell because of what the sight of her made me feel. I had seen the three of them in my dream before, and they all formed a knot in my throat. Ophelia was an inch shorter than me, she looked around fifty years old, she had grey-ish hair and green bright eyes. The other two were twins. They were both as tall as me, and they were around my age, with dark red hair and big bright green eyes just like Ophelia.

"Stella Newman." Ophelia said my name with patience and tardiness, like she was savoring it, like she had waited a long time to meet me. I swallowed nervously and took a step back. Alexander let out one last whimper before falling unconscious too. "We finally meet."

___________

Hello!!! I hope you're enjoying the story so far :)

Votes & Comments always motivate me to write because that way I know you're liking the story :)

Have a good weekend, everyone. ILY ❤️