10. "When death comes knocking on your door..."

We had sex all through the night and slept all through the day. The only time we weren't sleeping or having sex was when he had to go in the middle of the night to feed, and I called my mother to let her know I was okay. All the rest of the time we were either all over each other or passed out.

I had ignored all the calls I'd gotten from Harry, mostly because I knew I had to be at work all day and I didn't go. I knew how irresponsible of me that was, and I'd normally never do something like that, but watching Dennis sleep, and sleeping next to him was too good of a feeling to pass on.

We were laying in his bed, he had his arm around my waist and I was drawing patrons on the skin of his chest as he looked at me. His bed didn't have any sheets so we were laying naked, which would normally make me feel embarrassed, but not then, not with him. The only thing covering up our bodies was the sunlight.

"How is it that you're not bursting into flames?" I asked, as I drew a flower on his abdomen with my finger. His hand was now playing with my hair.

"The window filters the UV rays." I nodded.

I had lost track of time, but if I had to guess, I would've said it was about 6.00 pm, because the sun was just about to disappear on the horizon, and the room was getting darker and darker. His room was now painted a blue-ish color, and it had a new lamp we hadn't turned on yet. It also had a desk that had a bunch of papers on it.

Without my consent, my stomach made a sound right while I was finishing the flower on Dennis's abdomen. Dennis stopped playing with my hair and looked at me with a serious expression on his perfect face.

"You're hungry." it wasn't a question, but I still nodded. "What do you want to eat?" he asked. Living in New York for all these years had completely wrecked my eating habits. When I was hungry back in New York I'd just go to the nearest pizza place and buy a peace, or I'd suck it up until I had time to eat. It wasn't very healthy, but I kind of missed it.

"I want New York pizza." I said as a joke. He smiled.

"I can go to New York and get you pizza, but even if I go at full speed, it would take a couple of minutes." I pouted.

"Anything's good." I said honestly. After experiencing having sex with Dennis, everything else seemed like something I had to do, like nothing would ever be as enjoyable as that.

"I don't have any food here." he said.

"Yeah, I assumed you wouldn't." I said, and then I kissed him on the cheek. "I'll go to Kimmel's and buy a waffle or something." I tried to get up, but Dennis's hand on my wrist stopped me.

"I'll go." he was sweet to offer, but I really just wanted to take a walk. After being in bed for almost 24 hours straight my legs were feeling a bit numb.

"I could use the walk." I said, and he softly let go of my wrist.

"Aren't you sore?" I almost rolled my eyes.

And then when I got out of bed I could see what he meant. I was a little sore. It wasn't anything too painful, but my legs hurt a little when I moved them. I put on my dress.

"Is it always going to be like this?" I asked him. Having sex with him was otherworldly, but I wasn't too keen on the idea of being sore every time we did it. And I planned to do it all the time now.

"I don't know. Maybe." he looked like he was sorry for me. I shrugged. Even if the pain had been unbearable -and it wasn't- it would've still been worth it.

I'd forgotten to mention he also had a mirror in his room, in which I saw my reflexion after I put on the dress. I looked radiant. My hair was shiny, my skin was glowing, my eyes were lighter. Overall, I looked the same, but not completely.