36. "Goodbye"

~A couple minutes earlier~

I tried to open my eyes as soon as I saw light coming through my eyelids and I felt my body again. It took me a while to open them, and it took me even more to get accustomed to the light coming from the lamp on Dennis' room. I looked around and I was surprised to see Alexander standing close to the door looking at me like I was a ghost.

"Alexander?" I called his name as I sat up on the bed. He didn't seem to pay attention to me. I mean, he was looking at me, but like he was so amazed by me he was in some sort of trance. "Hey!" I tried to get his attention again, and this time I succeeded. He ran at vampire speed and he sat on the bed next to me. He was looking at me more profoundly than usual, like he still couldn't believe what his eyes were seeing.

"You're alive." he said, and I frowned.

"Clearly." I said. Alexander gave me a half smile. Then he slowly started moving his hand towards my cheek, and I just stood there, surprised by the gesture.

"It's impossible." he said as he softly caressed my cheek. I avoided his eyes contact, because it was even more intense than usual. Then I thought of Dennis. I coughed and moved my head back. He looked down and put his hand back on the bed.

"Where's Dennis.?" I asked.

"He left."

"Where?" I said as I finally gathered up enough strength to stand up. Alexander stopped me by gently grabbing my arm. I gave him a confused look and refused to sit back on the bed.

"Stella wait, I don't even know how the fuck you're alive." he said, looking up at me. He looked genuinely concerned, but the only thing I was concerned about was Dennis, specially because I was starting to feel what he felt again, and it wasn't good.

"I need to talk to Dennis." I didn't even know why I was so desperate to talk to Dennis, or to at least see him, I just knew I needed to make sure he was okay. Alexander let go of my arm and he stood up.

"This is insane." he said, running his right hand through his now messy hair. "You died Stella. You were literally dead for six full hours. You should be a vampire at the very least." he started pacing around the room like he was trying to make sense of it all. I, on the other hand, felt like I didn't have time to think about anything other than Dennis. "But you're alive, and you're... human." he said, amazed.

Suddenly, a vision came to me. Usually when I predicted something it was based off a feeling or a dream, but this time it was a vivid vision of Dennis. He was standing in a dark alley and he was in pain. He was standing on top of something, but I couldn't tell what it was. I had no idea what Dennis was doing in that dark alley, but I felt he needed my help, so that was now my number one priority.

"Are you okay?" he asked, noticing I had gone somewhere else mentally.

"I need you to take me to see Dennis." I said. I didn't know if Alexander would help me, but I knew I needed to get to Dennis as soon as I could, and Alexander's speed would come in handy.

"Stella you should rest, not go around looking for Dennis." he said calmly, but I wasn't even close to backing down.

"I don't want to rest, Alexander. Now either you help me get to Dennis, or I just go outside on my own in the middle of the night. I don't care either way." I said and then I put my hands on my waist. Alexander didn't like to be threatened, he'd told me that before, and so I thought it was a natural reaction for him to stop pacing and come really close to me.

"I have a third option." he said nearly one foot away from me. He seemed to use his intimidating eyes and height to try to make me nervous, and it worked for him most of the times, but not anymore. Now I was the woman that had killed one of the oldest vampires in the world and survived it. I was not going to be intimidated anymore. "I could just not let you go." he said in his low voice. He was probably expecting for me to take a step back, but I didn't give him the satisfaction.