20. "Compel me"

"What's with all the screaming?" Jacqueline walked into the room as I just sat there trying to regulate my breathing. She had a different outfit; she was now wearing tight blue pants up to her waist and a black shiny blouse with long sleeves, and black boots up to her knees.

"Nothing, she's fine." Alexander reassured her. Jacqueline rolled her eyes and then she walked out of the room. The only reason Jacqueline was in the least worried about my health, was because she needed me as well.

"We can't go, Alexander." suddenly I was willing to beg him not to take me to the witches, because I'd seen what would happen if he did. Ophelia didn't just want to kill Darko, she wanted to kill them all. I stood up from the bed and I walked towards Alexander, he was looking at me like I was crazy.

"Stella, calm down." he put his hands on my shoulders when I got to him, and he gave me a comforting look. "It was just a nightmare, you're fine." he had to bend down to make his eyes meet mine. I took his hands off me.

"Alexander, you're gonna die if you don't listen to me." I put one finger in his naked chest and pushed him a little to make my point. I hadn't even noticed he was only wearing sweatpants, but that wasn't important. He laughed at my gesture.

"Oh, am I?" he thought it was funny. I was trying to protect his kind, and he thought I was being funny.

"Yes, you are." I tried to look as serious as I could, but he still looked like he thought I was cute for thinking they were all going to die just because I saw it in a dream. But he didn't understand it wasn't a dream. I was willing to bet my life that it wasn't just a nightmare.

"Right." he walked away from me. He didn't believe me, and he would never believe me. I sighed and followed him to the door of the room I'd slept in.

"Alex, you don't understand..." I was getting really agitated just thinking about what could happen if he took me to Ophelia, but he didn't even let me finish my sentence.

"Alexander." He corrected me. I looked at him, confused.

"What?"

"It's Alexander, not Alex." he said as he opened the door. Well, I'd clearly hit a nerve. "Get dressed, we're leaving in an hour." he said and then he just walked out.

I didn't know what to do next. I thought of calling Dennis, but then the thought of him dying in the hands of Alexander made me back down once again. There was nothing I could do, other than trying to convince Alexander that it was dangerous to take me to them, but that didn't seem like it would work. I thought of talking to Jacqueline and appealing to her feminist side, but I didn't know if she had one. Besides, she looked like she hated my guts, and I hadn't even done anything to her. I thought I'd at least try to convince her if I was ever alone with her.

I opened one of the closet's doors and I was astonished by what I saw. I could tell all those clothes were picked by Jacqueline, because everything in there was completely her style. I saw leather dresses and jackets, tight one-pieces, big black boots, and everything I could imagine Jacqueline wearing. I didn't know if those clothes were going to look remotely good on me, but I didn't have much of a choice.

I picked out a dress that seemed a bit less flashy than the others, but still flashy enough for Jacqueline. It was a black dress like the one Angelina Jolie wore in Mr and Mrs Smith. It was tight, short and shiny, and made of synthetic leather. I thought it looked like one of the dresses I'd wear to a night out in New York, so I didn't feel too uncomfortable in it. Jacqueline was taller than me though, and she was also skinnier, so the dress was a little tight, but thankfully not too short. I looked in the full-length mirror in the middle of the wall and I took a deep breath. In another situation I would've smiled at the sight of me wearing a dress that made me look hot and tall like that one, but my mind was kind of full. I brushed my hair with my hands, and I sighed. If someone would have told me last year this is where I'd be a year later, I would've spat my drink from the surprise. Life's unexpected, I guess.