Distractions

After their meeting, it was a flurry of activity at the office. The teams worked out schedules, requirements, documents and other items needed to seal the deal in this big account.

Kim Ryeo-won remained civil and professional to the team but people quickly noted that she only spoke to Ji Sung with her chair facing his, as if there were no one else was around.

"Ms. Kim, what marketing materials would you prefer for this pitch? Should we prepare a mock up?" Eun Ju asked.

"Ji Sung-ssi, what do you think?" The woman asked.

Ji Sung thought about the concept they already discussed. "How long would we need to create that? Do we have enough time?"

Jin Ah nodded. "Our team  can work on it with our contacts. We just need to know what exactly you need so we can have the design team work on it."

Kim Ryeo-won commented, "Do we trust this design and marketing team, Ji Sung-ssi?"

Ji Sung crossed his arms. "Ask them."

Forced to look at Jin Ah and her team, she simply shrugged, "Well?"

Jin Ah looked at her straight in the eyes, said simply, "Yes."

"Ji Sung-ssi," Kim Ryeo-won started again and most of the people in the room internally groaned. "Is there anything else we need cover?"

Checking with everyone in the room, Ji Sung replied, "I think we're good. We'll let you know soon what we come up with. Thanks everyone!"

As people started leaving the room, Jin Ah lingered a little waiting for Ji Sung, who also started making his way to her but he was pulled back by Kim Ryeo-won.

"Should we have coffee? Catch up?" She asked.

Removing her hand on him, Ji Sung politely declined. "Sorry, my permanent coffee buddy is waiting for me. We'll email you on the work matters."

Making his way to Jin Ah, he walked in step with her and together they headed out. "Hi," he said, shyly.

"Hi. Want to grab lunch? I'm famished," Jin Ah said.

"I'm sorry we weren't able to have breakfast earlier," he apologized in a low tone.

"Don't be sorry. I enjoyed the workout," she whispered back, giving him a heated look before stepping out of the elevator. Looking back at him, she motioned her head to tell him they should head out directly.

Biting his lip and smiling slyly, he followed her. "Don't look at me like that, Jin-ssi. Unless you want to be absent for the rest of the afternoon."

Jin Ah's jaw dropped. "The whole afternoon? Four hours?"

"You want to try?"

She gulped. "One of these days, I'm going to take you up on that offer. But not today. I have back-to-back meetings after lunch. For now, feed me... WITH CHICKEN."

Throwing his head back, Ji Sung nodded. "Okay. Chicken it is then."

When they got back, Jin Ah saw a note on her desk informing her that she's going to be taken out of the team because it would not he appropriate for her and Ji Sung to be in the same project. Eun Ju was assigned to take the lead in her place.

When she spoke to Eun Ju, the latter was pissed. "It's that annoying woman, isn't it? The one who has the hots for Hwang Ji Sung-ssi?"

Jin Ah denied it, though she suspected the same. "No. You know that HR does not allow us to be in the same project."