Blind Dates

Jin Ah rolled her eyes as she prepared for her dinner date that weekend. She honestly thought she was done with these things. Nothing ever worked for her and after meeting those dates, she came home feeling emptier than ever so she declined invitations.

However, this one date was promised a long time ago and she was one to always keep her word.

"Jin Ah, my friend's cousin is finally back in town and really wants to meet you," said Ji Hye, her officemate. "Would you mind having dinner with him? I'll set everything up."

Because she trusted this officemate and knew she wouldn't put Jin Ah in harm's way, Jin Ah agreed. Just before she left her place, she logged on to check her work emails again and saw a message from a certain Sales Head.

"Sending over the signed form earlier than your deadline even if we hadn't agreed on revised timelines yet."

She rolled her eyes. He really had to rub it in. As if that's such an amazing feat.

In spite of their annoying interaction, she had to respect the achievements of the man. In the week after they launched the campaign, he made certain pitches to high end clients and already met his quarterly target.

His team then visited their floor bringing food. "Colleagues! Have a pizza on us. Thank you for that beautiful campaign. It made our work a lot easier!" Ji Sung said.

Jin Ah remained rooted by the far end, close to her office.

When he saw her, Ji Sung exclaimed, "And there is my favorite Brand person! Here have a slice!" He got her a huge piece and handed it to her, giving her a big smile. "Thank you, Yoo Jin Ah-ssi."

Jin Ah rolled her eyes.

"You still owe me a revised timeline."

"Whatever. Anyway, congratulations, Hwang Ji Sung-ssi."

Taking the slice, she took a bit since Ji Sung was egging her to try it and wouldn't leave until she did.

"Good?" He asked.

She nodded.

"Have some more. Has anyone ever told you that you look like a famous actress?"

She shook her head. "No. Who would that be?"

"Son Ye Jin. My ultimate favorite."

"She's quite beautiful," Jin Ah agreed.

"So are you," he admitted to her surprise. "During those times when you're not frowning at me and sending me dagger looks."

"Then, stop being annoying."

"I'm not annoying! I'm just handsome," he jested.

"You have no shortage in confidence."

Ji Sung nodded in agreement, crossing his arms. "Am I wrong though?"

"Ugh." She turned around and walked in her office, shutting the door behind her. Still, she heard his hearty laugh.

The sound of his laugh put a smile on her face as she headed to where she would be meeting her date. Dressed in a simple white top, jeans and high heels, she left her hair loose and arrived at the venue before her date did.

Her date was pleasant. He looked nice in his blue suit and told her about stories of when he was still studying. It's just that conversation didn't flow easily. He seemed to be more interested in himself though and the conversation was very one-sided.