Coffee and Flowers

If she didn't see with her own eyes, she wouldn't have believed it was real life and not part of an advertisement for television.

Jin Ah stood at the corner, waiting for her coffee, when she turned to look at the entrance hearing collective gasps from patrons of the shop. Her jaw dropped when she saw a very handsome man in a dark grey suit walk-in with a bouquet of flowers.

It was even more surprising to realize that she knew said man.

He walked up to the counter to place his order and as he finished, he saw her. "Jin-ssi!"

Jin Ah waved and smiled back. When he was closer, she asked, "Are you getting married today?"

Ji Sung laughed. "No. But my it is my sister's birthday and I'm having lunch with her later. You think she'll like the flowers?"

"Well, I don't know your sister. But, I would like these. They're gorgeous," she said, admiring the bouquet he held.

"They smell good, too," he said, holding the flowers closer to her so she could smell.

As a lover of flowers, one whiff was not enough so she moved even closer, put her hands on the stems and took a deep breath. "Ohhhhh! Wonderful!"

"Jin-ssi?"

"Hmm?"

"You really should stop holding my hand or I'd start to think you have a crush on me," he teased.

She immediately pulled back. "Sorry."

He chuckled and tapped her arm. "I'm kidding... I KNOW you have a crush on me."

"I do not!"

He made a face that says he does not believe her.

"I don't!"

He pointed at the bar. "Your coffee is ready."

She stepped up and pouted. "I don't. Anyway, I should go. See you around the office."

Jin Ah spent the next couple of hours in meetings and when she arrived back at her office cubicle, her team members were gathered around, all giggly. "Yoo Jin Ah-ssi! You have a delivery!"

Her desk has the most beautiful bouquet of flowers, which looked similar to one she saw earlier that day.

"There's a note! Read it! Who's it from?"

Opening the card, she was not surprised who it came from but had to laugh at his message.

Thought you might like these. Take it as a sign of my appreciation for the best first date I've ever had.

Enjoy your day,
Your Handsome Office Crush (but not a famous actor)

Jin Ah asked her team to leave her space. "By the way, did Hwang Ji Sung send over the ideas they want for the new sales pitch he's planning?"

"Not yet."

Picking up the phone, she called his number which he picked up on the first ring. "Were you waiting for my call?!" She teased.

"Oh please... of course!"

"Hwang Ji Sung-ssi, may I remind you that you haven't sent another document yet?"

"Will you call me only to follow up one file or document or another?"

She nodded though he wouldn't see. "Yup."