Chapter 14

Zelia Is Played By Emma Stone

Lilac P.O.V

Landon and I stayed in the same position for a good five minutes. Our bodies close together with Hunter standing behind us awkwardly.

When Hunter cleared his throat, the stare Landon was giving him turned into a deadly glare.

"Landon, I'm not trying to steal your mate. I just want to talk to her." Hunter says with his hands up.

I pull away from Landon as I remember the twins were in the room.

"No. The last time you were with my mate alone, my pups came into the world two weeks earlier than they should have." Landon growls protectively.

Hunter looks at me pleadingly. "Please Lilac."

I shake my head slowly as I think about the consequences of going against my mate.

Not only would that break the trust we have for each other, but it would break our fragile, forbidden relationship.

Landon smiles at the fact that I had gone along with him.

Anger bubbles up in Hunter's eyes. "I'm not asking for you to give your mate over to me. I just want to talk over our... temperament."

Landon lets out a cold laugh. "I don't trust you, Hunter. Why would I trust you with the safety of my mate and my pup?"

I cross my arms over my chest as I wait for Hunter's reply.

"If it makes you feel any better, you can stand fifty feet away." Hunter said cockily. I roll my eyes as look back at Landon.

"Well, what does Lilac want." Landon says slowly.

I stiffen as both men look at me. Landon's eyes held a question that I didn't want to answer, but Hunter's eyes held a plea that made me want to answer the question.

I brush a strand of my hair behind my ear. "What ever way is more peaceful is fine with me."

"And the more peaceful way is for Lilac and I to work out our problems." Hunter says matter-of-fact.

Landon smirks as he sees a wound he can cut into deeply with words. "The only problem you have isn't not having Lilac as your mate."

Hunter's eyes glaze over with hurt, his shoulders slumping.

I gasp at Landon in shock. "Landon! Behave yourself!" I say in a whisper yell.

Landon rolls his eyes before crossing his arms.

"Never mind." Hunter pushes past Landon, the door slamming behind him.

I turn to Landon quickly. "Did you have to say the obvious so rudely, Landon?"

Landon nods as he picks up the twins.

'I think talking to Hunter would be best.' My wolf pauses. 'Say something to make him guilty. He'll let us go.'

I cross my arms, making my belly stand out. "I understand, you're my father, but to me at this point, you're my mate."

Landon looks up at me in shock at my words. "Lilac, I didn't mean-"

"The time for me calling you dad is over. So treat me like your mate, Landon. Let me make my own decisions."

I walk out the door before he can reply. I look around the office that was now empty except for one person.

"Maya, have you seen-"

"Hunter? He went outside." Maya replies as she bounces Conner.

I walk out the office and down the stairs before walking outside.