Chapter 27

Landon P.O.V

I lean over and put my elbow on the polished wood of the table in Alpha James's office.

I couldn't focus on anything. There's this nagging feeling in the back of my head, and I can't ignore it.

Alpha James's voice meets my ears, as if he has been calling my name for quite some time now.

"Landon? Landon!"

His yell makes me jolt back to reality. I look around, noticing that the meeting is over and it's just me and Alpha James in the room.

"I'm sorry. It's just that... it's just that, something doesn't feel right." I say slowly. Alpha James takes a seat across from me.

"Have you talked to Lilac recently?"

I look up at him and shake my head. Sh*t, something could have happened to her or the baby.

I quickly stand up.

"Crap... I should get home." I say before walking out of Alpha James office. Pulling my phone out of my pocket, I quickly dial Lilac's number.

My blood runs cold when she doesn't answer. I silently pray that Lilac and the babies are alright, that they are home right now.

I dial Lilac's number again, but when it doesn't answer this time, I decide to leave a voicemail.

"Lilac, if you're alright, please answer my phone calls. I'm really worried." I breathe into the phone awkwardly. "I love you."

I hang up quickly before getting into the car. I fill my thoughts with Lilac, finding that it calms me.

Think about the child she's about to give you in three months, think about how much she loves you, think about her glorious body, I remind myself.

When I pull up, I barely give myself enough time to lock the car door before I'm running to the apartment door and practically kicking it down.

I pull my phone out and dial Mason. As the phone rings, I cautiously walk around the apartment, my blood boiling with anger.

"What's wrong?" Mason asks immediately, as if he had the same nagging feeling as me.

"Lilac... the twins.... They aren't here." I say frantically as I check the nursery. Mason says multiple curses before answering.

"I'll be there in a few seconds," Mason says before hanging up. I roll my eyes before putting my phone back in my pocket.

But, sure enough, a few seconds later, Mason appears out of nowhere. He worriedly checks the house quickly before standing in front of me.

"This is bad... I bet that psychotic b*tch took her." Mason glances at me. "No offense, Bro, but she's-"

"Yeah, I know. Lydia is crazy." I cut him off nonchalantly.

If he would have said that while I was mated to Lydia, I would have attacked, but now that I'm Lilac's mate, I can't help by agree.

Mason looks at me quickly. "Dogs can remember scents. Can you remember Lydia's scent?"

I turn my head towards him slowly, my eyes narrowing on him. "Did you just imply that I'm a dog?"

Mason smirks. "Yes, but you're going to overlook that because your mate and children are missing."

I sigh, knowing that he's right. I breathe in slowly, trying to identify all the scents in this apartment.

My wolf instantly perks up when I breathe in the smell of Lilac's blood. It was tiny but it was there.