Chapter 19

Lilac P.O.V

It  was finally happening.

The fight that I knew Landon and I would eventually experience. The fight that happens exactly three days after I get out the hospital.

"Why are you so angry?" I ask as I stand up from the couch abruptly.

My hair is tied in a neat bun, my outfit was simple sweats with one of Landon's tighter shirts. My protruding belly is definitely obvious in this shirt.

The mood I was in matches the state of my outfit. Worn-out and lazy.

I really didn't have the energy to fight with Landon.

"Because, you agreed to be friends with Hunter! It's only a matter of time before he's trying to kiss you again!" Landon shouts with rage. I keep my voice even and calm.

"I don't love him, Landon! Don't you understand that?" I whisper in hurt. Landon rolls his now golden eyes.

If we keep on arguing like this, Landon's wolf will definitely come out. Which will make my wolf want to come take the reigns.

"It's not that, Lilac. It's the fact that you went over my request to stay away from him, and look what happened, you got hurt!" Landon growls out.

I make a move towards Landon but his golden eyes tell me to not take another step. I huff in anger.

Stay calm, Lilac. Don't hurt Little Bear...

Landon's hands were crossed over his chest, his eyes following my every move. The furious and dangerous look suits him very well...

I am slightly disappointed at my self control when I feel my core ping in want. D*mn my traitorous body.

"I'm not your slave, Landon. I can live my life. Just like I can raise and birth these babies."

Landon's face contorts into one of surprise before he controls the look quickly. "I wasn't implying that you were my slave. You're my mate-"

In a moment of anger, I scoff. "Sadly." Immediately, I regret what I say.

Landon's face contorts into one of pain and hurt. He opens his mouth before closing it, as if thinking over his reply.

"Landon... I didn't-"

"No, Lilac." He says my name with so much disdain that it shatters my heart. "You meant it. Obviously I made a mistake when I marked you. Obviously I made a mistake when I conceived those kids with you."

Landon moves to walk out the house but I stop him with with a yell.

"Stop! Please! I didn't mean that, Landon." I ignore all the warnings in my body and walk up behind Landon, hugging my chest to his back.

His scent makes me feel better. I push my belly into his back gently, hopefully reminding him of how much is at stake here.

I'm surprised when Landon peels my hands off of him and pushes me back slightly.

Confused, I look into his golden eyes. "Landon, I didn't mean what I said and I know you didn't mean what you said either." I whisper. Landon lets out a cold laugh.

"Don't push me, Lilac. I love these kids, but right now, they're really looking like mistakes right now."

I gasp as a tear rolls from my eyes. "You don't mean that, Landon. We aren't a mistake." I say brokenly.

Desperately, I move my hand towards his but he grips my wrist tight, a growl leaving his lips.

"I shouldn't have never started a relationship with my daughter." Landon says as he throws my hand down at my side.