Chapter 18

•Valentines Day Special•

Lilac P.O.V

I stretch my muscles as I let out a yawn. Rolling over more onto Landon's side of the bed, I expected to feel his warmth. But instead, all I feel is an empty space where Landon was supposed to be.

I sit up slowly while holding the blankets to my nude body.

After Mason left, Landon and I were quick to put the babies down for their naps and finish what we started in the shower. Now it was nighttime, and amazingly the babies stayed asleep this whole time.

I blow out a sigh as I glance around the room. "Where are you, Landon?" I mutter under my breath to no one in particular.

I was actually really disappointed. I always like to cuddle with Landon after we do something so intimate.

I stand up without the blanket around my body, but I immediately regret doing that when the cold air hits my bare body.

Shivering and trembling, I quickly walk over to the dresser. I then pull on a new pair of underwear and one of Landon's large T-shirts.

The shirt flowed down gently after meeting the protrusion of my child. I smile as I gently sniffed the shirt, a purr coming from my lips at the smell of Landon's scent.

I open the bedroom door gently before walking out. When I walk past the nursery door and hear the twins' gentle snoring, I smile.

I walk into the living room to see Landon slouching with his arms crossed. He has a scowl on his sexy face, making me wonder what's wrong.

By the looks of it, Landon had never fallen asleep. His hair was disheveled and he had light circles under his eyes.

'Is it bad that I love the fact that our father doesn't have a shirt on?' My wolf asks timidly. I mentally laugh at her.

Yet, I couldn't help but look over Landon's muscled chest. God, he does look sexy!

Walking over Landon's legs, I planned to sit next to him, but my plans came to a halt when Landon pulls me down on his lap gently.

Landon nuzzles my neck slowly as he breathes in my scent. "What are you doing up, Love?"

"I could ask you the same, Bear." I smile as I use Landon's nickname. His face scrunches up as he pulls away from my neck.

Landon gently rests his hand on my thigh. "I think the nickname works better on Little Bear."

I smile as I kiss him on the lips gently, my legs repositioning themselves so I'm straddling him.

"But really, Landon. What's wrong?" I ask nervously. For a moment, I thought about the possibility that he probably didn't like what we had recently just did.

I shake the thought from my head as I feel Landon shift.

He fixes my position on his lap, so that I'm curled into his chest. Landon gently kisses the top of my head.

"I'm stressing out about everything; your safety, our baby's safety, the impending war..." Landon whispers. I look at up Landon, getting a great view of his chiseled chin.

I kiss the ridge of his chin. "I don't like seeing you stressed. This is our time together, Landon." I sit up straight so I can look him in the eyes. "I don't want the drama of life to ruin our relationship."

Landon cups my cheek gently, his other hand then travels down to my belly.

"I know, Lilac. I just can't help but worry about everything at the moment." Landon looks down.