Chapter 13

Landon P.O.V

I pull on my shirt as I listen to Lilac. She was in the living room, and I was in our bedroom.

Her angelic voice traveled easily, giving me the perfect opportunity to hear what she was saying.

Leo and Luka were also in the living room with Lilac. They were showing off their most recently learned consonant to their mother.

"B-buh!" Luka yells out. Lilac laughs as repeats what he said. This time, Leo yells out the same B sound.

"You two are just in love with the letter B, aren't you?" Lilac laughs. Leo and Luka start to laugh along with their mother.

A smile finds its way onto my face.

How was I so lucky to have this amazing family?

It was quiet for a minute before I hear Lilac's voice again.

"Yeah, Mommy's having a baby!" Lilac coos to the babies.

I walk out into the living room and sit down on the couch across from Lilac and the babies.

The babies were laying on Lilac's protruding belly. The bump had grown noticeably over the past three weeks.

"Oh, guess what Landon!"

I raise an eyebrow at Lilac. She looks down at her belly before laughing.

"Guess what I nicknamed the baby!" Lilac squeals excitedly. I laugh as I stand up and kneel by her leg.

"I'm guessing something related to an animal?"

Lilac nods as she caresses Leo and Luka's head.

"Little Bear! Isn't that just adorable?" Lilac gushes. "I got the idea from you."

I rest my head on Lilac's belly after pulling her blouse up. Leo and Luka readjust themselves and copy my actions.

"How did you get the idea from me?" I ask with a deep laugh.

"At times, you remind me more of a bear, than a wolf. You're perfectly fine when people don't mess with you, but you'll rip their heads off if they do."

"This baby is yours, so... Little Bear!" Lilac finishes.

I glance up at her with a smile. My heart immediately tightens when I meet her beautiful eyes.

"Lilac, you really do amaze me," I say softly. Lilac smiles as she pulls me up to kiss her.

The kiss was easily interrupted by the babies making a weird growling sound. Lilac laughs as she kisses the twins on the forehead.

"Just because I kiss daddy doesn't mean I don't love you guys!" Lilac says to the babies. The babies give her a sigh before burying their faces into her arms.

I laugh as I pick up the baby nearest to me, Leo.

"They act just like their father at times."

When Lilac says that, Leo looks at me with a smile. I shake my head at Leo, resisting the urge to laugh.

I sit down beside Lilac and place my hand on her belly. "The baby has grown so much. Why does she always move when I'm not around though?"

Lilac rests her hand atop mine. "First of all, Little Bear might not even be a girl. Second of all, try talking to Little Bear."

Lilac really is going to call our pup Little Bear isn't she?

"Talk to your stomach?" I ask slowly. Lilac nods, she adjusts her position and the way she was holding Luka so I could touch her belly easier.