Chapter 24

Lydia P.O.V

"That whore is pregnant again, Arabella!" I say with malice. Arabella rolls her eyes as she flips through a spell book.

"You said it yourself, Lydia. Landon wanted more kids, even after you guys found out you were infertile." Arabella once again flips the page in the spell book.

I scoff in agitation. "Well, I didn't know getting his daughter  pregnant was on his to-do list." I grumble. "I thought I raised Lilac better than this!"

Arabella sighs. "At least he wasn't f*cking her while you were alive, Lydia! She's a grown woman with twins and one on the way. Let her live her life."

I growl at Arabella, shocking her mildly.

"Who's side are you on anyway, Arabella?" I ask accusingly. Arabella's eyes burn with defiance.

"Lilac's, actually." Arabella answers. "I'll help you get revenge but I surely don't agree with your point of view."

I stare at her blankly, anger surging through my veins hotly. "You don't understand how it feels to lose a mate!"

Arabella's eyes change from their usual grey with violet flecks to a vibrant violet.

"What do you know about losing something, Lydia?" Tears well up in Arabella's eyes. "At least you got to give birth to your first child! My first child didn't even get to come into this world."

I stay quiet, a frown settling on my face. I now felt guilty, but Arabella continues.

"I lost my mate, too. That's why I agreed to help you, but then you have the audacity to kill your own daughter." Arabella gives a cold laugh. "So what? She's in relationship with her father."

I shake my head slowly. "What they're doing is wrong. It's a sin, and I need to stop it." I say lowly.

"What happens when you do get Landon back? You'll still have to deal with the fact that he has twins and that he has another baby on the way."

I roll my eyes. "What don't you get about killing someone?" I walk closer to Arabella. "I'll wipe Lilac and her children out. Even the unborn one."

Arabella's eyes fill with disgust, her hands balling into fist.

"You're willing to kill the children that she has worked so hard to birth?" Arabella stares at me. "Not only that, but you want me to cast a spell so that when you do hurt Lilac, she can't heal."

It doesn't matter... I need to get rid of Lilac and those kids.

"Yes, Arabella. I'm willing to kill all of them." I stand up and walk over to the cart that held the different types of alcohol and pour myself some wine.

Arabella stares at me, her fist slowly unclenching. She rolls her eyes before pointing at the wine in my hand.

"Pour me some wine. We still have to work out the kinks in our plan."

••

Landon P.O.V

I stare at Lilac's beautiful sleeping form, her growing belly covered by the blankets on the bed.

Sometime late last night, I carried Lilac into the bedroom. I couldn't sleep once again. My wolf was freaking out over what I said.

He didn't agree on the fact that we should Lilac about our whole past. It was a dark and scary journey that sometimes chilled me to the core.

Five years. I was Gamma for five years, and it changed me. Forever.

How would Lilac take my past? It will take a while, but when the whole truth comes out... how will she react?