Chapter 26

Arabella to the top/side!

Lilac P.O.V

"Good morning, Sleepyheads." I coo to the twins playfully. Leo and Luka yawn before straightening them selves out in my arms, looking around for their father.

I kiss their foreheads softly. "Daddy's at work. He'll be home later."

As if the babies understood me, they turn their heads towards me and give me pouty lips, a sign that they wanted to cry.

I place them back in their crib before smiling down at them. The twins stop pouting and give me wide smiles back.

I laugh. "Mommy's going to get you guys some food." I turn on the baby monitor before waddling towards the kitchen.

My stomach has grown noticeably over the last two weeks, making me fourteen weeks pregnant. Also meaning I'm half way through my pregnancy.

Landon's in love with my growing body. Almost every second of the day, his hands are on my body, tempting me into a night of pleasure. Like expected, my libido has been uncontrollable.

I rub my hand over my belly and my, now outtie, belly button. Grabbing the two containers of baby food, I close the fridge before beginning to waddle back to the nursery.

My heart stops as I drop the baby food on the plush carpet. I walk towards the crib slowly and put a hand over my mouth.

Where are my babies?!

"Leo? Luka?" I yell out in worry. I check around the nursery, my breathing harsh as I run over every possibility.

There was no way that they could have walked away, they are too young. I also didn't hear anything through the baby monitor.

I quickly walk out the nursery into the hallway, but I stop when I see who's at the end of the hallway.

It can't be... she's dead!

The sudden urge to throw-up overcomes me but I push it down.

There, at the end of the hallway, was none other than Lydia. My undead mother.

In her arms were my two, now crying, sons. I quickly try to mind-link Landon but it's as if I'm blocked by some mental wall.

Lydia smirks.

"Don't even try. My mate can't save you."

Beside Lydia was a medium sized woman. Her black hair gave her a scary look, and her grey purplish eyes made the look complete. She was wearing all black, including her high heels.

I wrap my arms around my belly protectively. "What are you doing here? I thought you were dead." I whisper out, my voice quivering.

Lydia releases a laugh, making the twins wail harder.

"Well, you thought wrong." Lydia glares at the twins. "Landon calls these... things his sons?"

A growl leaves my lips. "Yes, and he is happier with me than he has ever been with you."

Lydia rolls her eyes. "Stop being pathetic, Lilac. Landon doesn't love you. You're just the whore that spread your legs for him and got pregnant."

The insult strikes deeper than I thought, even though I know Landon loves me and our kids.

"That's not true. You're just jealous that you couldn't give him anymore kids."

Lydia's eyes fill with a fire I have never seen, and before I know it, she's back handing me across the face.